Amsnag problems?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried about mid day and couldn't get on. But used it about 20 minutes ago and everything was fine.

[Redacted]

Don't know that I really ever figured anything out - those links have been in my Favorites for quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That worked!!! How did you figure that out??? (Cpotisch,You Amaze Me, Some Times!)
Firstly, that page worked when I clicked on it in the first place, but it gave me that 404 when I clicked on it in my post. From there it seemed pretty self explanatory.

Secondly, thank you! Glad I could help.
default_smile.png

The link to Amsnag 2.0 that niemi24s included in post #8 worked for me, but the link that cpotisch included in post #4 did not. Each appeared the same in the blue, clickable text of the post, but the actual URLs point to different places. It appears that the target included in cpotish's link has some extraneous characters at the end (specifically, "%A0is.%A0The" following "http://biketrain.x10.mx/amsnag2.0/amSnag.php"),and I assume that is what caused a problem in trying to follow the link.

The link to Amsnag 2.0 that niemi24s included in post #8 worked for me, but the link that cpotisch included in post #4 did not. Each appeared the same in the blue, clickable text of the post, but the actual URLs point to different places. It appears that the target included in cpotish's link has some extraneous characters at the end (specifically, "%A0is.%A0The" following "http://biketrain.x10.mx/amsnag2.0/amSnag.php"),and I assume that is what caused a problem in trying to follow the link.
Thanks. I'm not sure how that happened, because the link that appears in my post is different from the one that seemed to be embedded into it. So that explains why it wasn't working, but not how I managed to change the embedded link to be different from the one I typed. Well, whatever be the reason, it's fixed now, and it's working fine.

Anyone else having Amsnag issues? For me, it hangs or runs very, very slowly - slow as in 20 minutes or more to return results. While it is doing its thing, it occasionally throws this message before getting back to work. And once it is finally done, some dates are missing.

Warning: file_get_contents(https://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak?requestor=amtrak.presentation.handler.page.rail.AmtrakRaihTlFareFinderPageHandler&xwdf_TripType=%2FsessionWorkflow%2FproductWorkflow[%40product%3D%27Rail%27]%2FtripRequirements%2FtripType&wdf_TripType=OneWay&xwdf_TripType=%2FsessionWorkflow%2FproductWorkflow[%40product%3D%27Rail%27]%2FtripRequirements%2FtripType&xwdf_origin=%2FsessionWorkflow%2FproductWorkflow[%40product%3D%27Rail%27]%2FtravelSelection%2FjourneySelection[1]%2FdepartLocation%2Fsearch&wdf_origin=mia&xwdf_destination=%2FsessionWorkflow%2FproductWorkflow[%40product%3D%27Rail%27]%2FtravelSelection%2FjourneySelection[1]%2FarriveLocation%2Fsearch&wdf_destination=phl&%2FsessionWorkflow%2FproductWorkflow[%40product%3D%27Rail%27]%2FtripRequirements%2FjourneyRequirements[1]%2FdepartDate.usdate=11/07/2018&%2FsessionWorkflow%2FproductWorkflow[%40product%3D%27Rail%27]%2FtripRequirements%2FjourneyRequirements[1]%2FdepartTime.hourmin=&%2FsessionWorkflow%2FproductW in /home/biketra1/public_html/common/amtrakCommon.php on line 105

I've had problems with the original AmSnag since shortly after making those 352 queries for the "How Far In Advance To Book?" thread, but it worked beautifully then (4 to 6 Oct). I probably busted it! Sorry, Paul. This is what sometimes displays now after a failed query:

AmSnag Error Message 1.jpg

But have had no problems with amSnag version 2.02.

I've had problems with the original AmSnag since shortly after making those 352 queries for the "How Far In Advance To Book?" thread, but it worked beautifully then (4 to 6 Oct). I probably busted it! Sorry, Paul. This is what sometimes displays now after a failed query:

attachicon.gif
AmSnag Error Message 1.jpg

But have had no problems with amSnag version 2.02.
Maybe after you did those 352 queries and compiled it, AmSnag decided that it had fulfilled its destiny and could now leave this world.
default_tongue.png

Same problems for me using 2.02. It took seven minutes to run a 30-day query for ORL-PHL, then the results was missing fares for six of the 30 days. My guess is that something on the Amtrak end is causing Amsnag issues,

Same problems for me using 2.02. It took seven minutes to run a 30-day query for ORL-PHL, then the results was missing fares for six of the 30 days. My guess is that something on the Amtrak end is causing Amsnag issues,
My guess is that it is something at the biketrain.net hosting service. The backup site at http://biketrain.x10.mx/and the server on my own machine work fine. My suggestion is use

http://biketrain.x10.mx/amsnag2.0/amSnag.php

as long as it keeps working. With all the downgrades to LD service, I have sort of lost interest in Amtrak and have moved on to other things.

With all the downgrades to LD service, I have sort of lost interest in Amtrak and have moved on to other things.
Sorry to see you're moving on to other things, but stuff happens and life goes on.

Thanks for all your work here over the years.

Best wishes from an avid AmSnag user.

With all the downgrades to LD service, I have sort of lost interest in Amtrak and have moved on to other things.
Sorry to see you're moving on to other things, but stuff happens and life goes on.

Thanks for all your work here over the years.

Best wishes from an avid AmSnag user.
Same here. Thanks Paul!

Back