Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Miami bridge design had a key mistake, experts say

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CHamilton

CHamilton

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

FIU had grand plans for 'signature' bridge. But the design had a key mistake, experts say

http://www.miamihera...e212571434.html

Amtrak can be better! Tell your local, state and national elected officials to support a more robust rail system. Join NARP and your local rail advocacy organization.
Where you'll find my posts: // All Aboard Washington (websiteFacebook) // Amtrak Unlimited Forum Group (Facebook) // Grow Trains (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Restore the Pioneer Train (website, Facebook, Twitter) // Save the Seattle Waterfront Streetcar (Again) (websiteFacebook, Twitter) // Transit Riders of Puget Sound (Facebook) // Trains on FB (Facebook) // My Random Twitter Musings @HamiltonChas

#2 railiner

railiner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Interests:All public transportation....land, sea, and air

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:58 PM

I just skimmed over that long article, but the gist of it is really sad...people were needlessly hurt, and a lot of money wasted due to some 'envisions of grandeur'..... :(

metroblue?

okay on the blue!

#3 Just-Thinking-51

Just-Thinking-51

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

Kiss

Keep it simple stupid
  • cpotisch likes this

#4 caravanman

caravanman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Interests:Open minded travel, in which the journey is often as interesting as the destination...

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:11 AM

It is important to discover the true reasons for the bridge collapse, but why all the secrecy? These sorts of investigations always seem to take far longer than they need to.

Removing bridge information that was in the public domain, smacks of a damage limitation exercise behind closed doors, to my way of thinking...

Ed.

Edited by caravanman, 15 June 2018 - 07:53 AM.

#5 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,514 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

It seems like a study in what can happen when an inappropriately large amount of free money is made available for a simple project.

• caravanman, crescent2 and cpotisch like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users