Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Dining car access for Eastbound Chief

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

The "Boy Scout" traffic which will now be "SCOUTS" is barely 10-12 weeks out of 52.  Most of those attending Philmont arrive other than by the train which is different from the Santa Fe days when several school buses from the ranch would load and unload with each train's arrival.

#22 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,003 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

Guess during the off season no Coach Passengers get access to the Diner if there isn't enough room for all the sleeper passengers.  Hard working crew, what are they doing, two seating's for dinner.

TA-C duties (Train Attendant - Coach) include coach passenger at seat service of dining car meals.

I wonder how many able bodied coach customers ever knew about this prior to the "just for you" at-seat dining service.

#23 AmtrakFlyer

AmtrakFlyer

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:40 PM

No more just for you at seat dining at least on my last couple trips including last week.

On another note talking about the diner gone was the popular $11 dinner to go meal for coach passengers theyve had the past few years. (entree, side, cookie and bottle of water) brought to your seat.

#24 KmH

KmH

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, photography

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

Guess during the off season no Coach Passengers get access to the Diner if there isn't enough room for all the sleeper passengers.  Hard working crew, what are they doing, two seating's for dinner.

TA-C duties (Train Attendant - Coach) include coach passenger at seat service of dining car meals.

I wonder how many able bodied coach customers ever knew about this prior to the "just for you" at-seat dining service.

My guess would be very, very few, if any on any given LD train.

California Zephyr • Coast Starlight  • Southwest Chief • Sunset Limited • Texas Eagle • Illinois Zephyr • Capitol Corridor

. . . . Amtrak miles - 23,703, so far.

#25 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:52 AM

No more just for you at seat dining at least on my last couple trips including last week.

On another note talking about the diner gone was the popular $11 dinner to go meal for coach passengers theyve had the past few years. (entree, side, cookie and bottle of water) brought to your seat.

I don't think they ever had that on the LSL or CL...

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service, Downeaster w/ Great Dome

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome

#26 printman2000

printman2000

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

They really are being mismanaged.  Also, should have rerouted through Amarillo several years ago; that Boy Scout traffic is not reliable.

Hear! Hear!
  • Chey likes this

#27 mjlincoln

mjlincoln

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:13 PM

Especially with no Boy Scouts on #4/5 until July I would be very surprised. They had a fire down there that shut down a lot of the camp. 

The fire that shut down the camps...I would guess that it was the fire near Durango known as the 416 fire. DRGW FB Fanpage is talking about it.

The Ute Park Fire in northern New Mexico is the one that burned some of the northern portion of Philmont Scout Ranch.  The Ute Park Fire is now 95% contained and winding down.  Philmont has suspended their Training Center programs until June 24th, and their backcountry programs until July 14th. 

NM is expected to get rain tomorrow from the remnants of hurricane Bud coming in from off western Mexico and the Baja peninsula; these rains could cause flash floods in new burn scars, so Philmont could be in jeopardy from those also.   m--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users