Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

MARC Chargers are in service

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MARC Rider

MARC Rider

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

I know, they're been in service for a while now, but today is the first day I got to ride behind one on the Penn Line.  Actually, I rode in front of it, as it was a southbound train being pushed.  Seems like better acceleration than the old locos, and the car was rocking along at top speed in a manner reminiscent of being pulled by an electric.  (We still have a couople of HHP8's in service).  We diodn't get into Washington any earlier; there's some weird unexplained extended dwell time at Halethorpe and BWI, and today, the train stopped an proceeded slowly a bit between New Carrolton and the Anacostia River bridge.

• CSXfoamer1997 and daybeers like this

#2 jrud

jrud

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:43 AM

I’ve seen MARC Chargers on the Camden line over the last few months including the final one (87). They seem to be getting more rare so maybe they’ve graduated to the Penn and Brunswick lines. The November 2017 MRAC Minutes contain info on the HHP-8 upgrade. https://mta.maryland..._2017-11-15.pdf . The June 2018 MRAC Minutes have a little info on the Chargers and the HHP-8 upgrade status. https://mta.maryland..._2018-06_21.pdf

Edited by jrud, 21 August 2018 - 06:44 AM.

#3 jrud

jrud

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:49 AM

FYI. MRAC IS MARC Riders Advisory Council.

#4 jrud

jrud

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:28 PM

Do you think this could be made into a general MARC forum or is it easier to start a new forum?

#5 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,449 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:35 PM

You mean a new thread? If it's on a topic other than Chargers, yes.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users