Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Roomette # 10 location?

24 replies to this topic

#21 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,950 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

However, after 6/1 there will be no Dining Car breakfast on the CL.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#22 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

Note: I would sometimes go on to WAS and take the next Regional to PHL so I didn't have to get up so early.  Pittsburgh is a beautiful city, but the Amtrak station is clearly the opposite, though the agent is great as are most Amtrak staff.

• cpotisch likes this

#23 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:59 AM

I really feel like taking the CL to WAS is the best option here, especially for a first time rider in his 70s. He gets to enjoy his room until 1:00 PM, which in my opinion is a hell of a lot  better than waking up before 5 a.m, only to get off in an AmShack and endure coach for the rest of the ride. He'll also get a free complimentary continental breakfast on the Capitol, and even though it's contemporary dining, I bet it will be better than the offerings in the Pennsylvanian's AmCan.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#24 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

If for some reason the connection is blown to the Penn you are (pretty much) stuck, whereas in Washington there is almost always a train to PHL within a reasonable time.

• cpotisch likes this

#25 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:58 AM

I agree, for the first time rider, going to WAS then changing to a regional gives the comfort of the room, security of knowing he can get a connection to PHL no matter when he arrives WAS.

• crescent2 likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users