NEC delays between WAS and BAL (5/22/18)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The transitdocs train tracker is showing every train between Baltimore and Washington as delayed, some are code red. The Amtrak NEC twitter feed is not particularly helpful on this. Anone know what's going on? They just posted 186 as being delayed, a real annoyance, but at least I am sitting in the club acela.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what you're looking at. There were only a few late trains, namely 92, 93 and 97. Everything else is within tolerance.

186 is likely being held for a crew of late 93, which followed a MARC train from BAL-WAS.

I'm not sure what you're looking at. There were only a few late trains, namely 92, 93 and 97. Everything else is within tolerance.

186 is likely being held for a crew of late 93, which followed a MARC train from BAL-WAS.
I can almost promise you that the crew in question wasn't happy about following a Marc set all the way to DC and then having to quick turn and burn back to NYC.

Aside from the weird title, this article is still a lot better than another one I read, where the "journalist" says the conductor led the train into the station. (Where was the engineer?)

She still looks almost young enough to qualify for a kid's train ticket, so I wish they would take her on a field trip to a train museum and explain the difference between a conductor and an engineer to her.

She also apparently thinks the Wilmington Fire Department is just one person, because she quotes a remark by "WFD [person's name]."

“Amtrak Track Train Catches Fire in Wilmington” Interesting wording. ;D
Typos aside, though, what happened? All it said was that the train caught fire and there were a couple pictures of them fire extinguishing the trucks a Viewliner. But was it outside? Inside? Was there damage? That’s what I’m wondering.
It was leaves.

“Amtrak Track Train Catches Fire in Wilmington” Interesting wording. ;D
Typos aside, though, what happened? All it said was that the train caught fire and there were a couple pictures of them fire extinguishing the trucks a Viewliner. But was it outside? Inside? Was there damage? That’s what I’m wondering.
It was leaves.
Some leaves caught fire? How?

Last edited by a moderator:
The rainy, windy spring with mini heat waves in between has been a factor. There have been leaf fires on quite a few trains over the least couple of weeks. Usually, the crew can put them out.

Back