Cardinal not doing well today (5/17/18)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcats

Engineer
51 was on time into Indianapolis this morning, but as we arrived, thankfully not out on the line,the front trucks of an old ATSF private car on the rear derailed. Had it been at speed, the result might have been ugly. After much head scratching back there and being unable to uncouple the private car from the baggage car, those two cars were left behind, departing over 2 hours late. Then we were slowed behind freights and for the past hour or so, have been held up at one of these Chicago choke points with more freights. My friend and I are going to a hotel, but I am concerned about those with connections. Otherwise, this trip has been pretty good: excellent crew members- food has been fair. The hot roast beef sandwich yesterday at lunch has been the culinary highlight.

It's a crime how the Cardinal gets treated,especially through Indiana. Then again with the delay your train was outside its operating window.

I'm sure it was a track defect or something that tripped up Redwood Empire. It could have happened to any car. I'm sure I'll get a full debrief on it soon. I'll post what I can.

But PVs don’t delay trains or cause missed connections. [emoji57]
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

Back