Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

First class lounge access

26 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Michiko_*

Guest_Michiko_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:56 PM

Many thanks. BCL - I am unable to lift even my small luggage up there. I have never been in a situation, either on Greyhound or Amtrak, that someone wasn't willing to help me with this, but I don't count chickens before they hatch - it's just easier to check it. Thanks, I know this will help those who are able to lift...

#22 BCL

BCL

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

Many thanks. BCL - I am unable to lift even my small luggage up there. I have never been in a situation, either on Greyhound or Amtrak, that someone wasn't willing to help me with this, but I don't count chickens before they hatch - it's just easier to check it. Thanks, I know this will help those who are able to lift...

Sure. I know of a college athlete whose shoulders were so messed up he couldnt extend his arms fully up.

But there should be a floor level luggage area, and at least on Superliner equipment Ive seen luggage placed at the ends where theres dead space between the first seat and the bulkhead.

amtrak-diagram-amfleet2-coach.jpg

I got it from here:

http://www.craigmash...ardiagrams.html

Edited by BCL, 28 June 2018 - 05:24 PM.

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

#24 BCL

BCL

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:27 PM

I meant that there are floor-level baggage racks.  I don't know about storing kids on the rack, but you can see that there's a lower-level to the storage area.  I'm not sure if this is Amfleet II, but I believe there's at least something similar.

#25 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,294 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:40 PM

I meant that there are floor-level baggage racks.  I don't know about storing kids on the rack, but you can see that there's a lower-level to the storage area.  I'm not sure if this is Amfleet II, but I believe there's at least something similar.

Amfleets, single level cars, do not have those types of luggage storage.  There's a small space for some luggage at one end of each car.  Of course, some people store their bags in the handicap area which, of course, is a no-no if there should be someone in a wheelchair that needs that space.

#26 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

Amfleets, single level cars, do not have those types of luggage storage.  There's a small space for some luggage at one end of each car.  Of course, some people store their bags in the handicap area which, of course, is a no-no if there should be someone in a wheelchair that needs that space.

Amfleet IIs have more space for luggage in the end of the cars than the AM-Is, right? Thought I had read that somewhere.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#27 BCL

BCL

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:20 PM

I was thinking of the luggage area section in the floor plan. I havent been on Amfleet II equipment in 5 years, and we placed our baggage overhead.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users