I've made new Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle Timetables.
Major changes include:
- Adds daytime service to San Antonio, TX; Little Rock, AR; Yuma, AZ; Palm Springs CA!
- Daytime service to scenic Arkansas and Missouri
- Approximate twelve hour shift in the schedules, with a bunch of tweaking (i.e. 1-2 hour layovers)
- Connections to other trains at Chicago and Los Angeles are retained
- Overnight between Fort Worth & Austin with long layover in Fort Worth... boarding times should be around 12am westbound, 6am eastbound
- Barely less than 8 hours turnaround at New Orleans.. a couple other trains do this as well, however (Empire Builder, Cardinal/Hoosier State)
- Long layovers might cause problems, but not sure what exactly, if it does... it will increase travel times by a couple hours
- Metropolitan Lounge might close before #21 boards in Chicago just before 11pm.. might need to keep it open a couple more hours
- El Paso, TX; Houston, TX; Fort Worth, TX; St. Louis, MO; Lake Charles, LA boarding times are quite early/late in the day
Overall, I tried to solve the San Antonio problem, while retaining connections at endpoints, and not putting too many other cities in the dark.
Edited by ParanoidAndroid, 12 May 2018 - 11:27 PM.