Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Pennsylvania Railroad K4 Restoration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

During the Pennsylvania Railroad Historical and Technical Society this last week Bennet Levin owner of the Pennsylvania E Units has stated that he is planning to get the engine back in service.

To do this he has partnered with Wick Moorman and they plan to operate it with a completely authentic 1950s Pennsylvania Railroad Train for excursions and display use. Bennet is also looking at getting a legislative fix to the insurance issue that prevents operators from running without Amtrak.

This is exciting news and it is one amazing way to leave the industry on a high note. And for those of us proud Germans like myself it looks like we we making the boiler.

http://trn.trains.co...oad-k4s-no-1361
  • Ryan, cirdan and cpotisch like this
View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net
Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)
Steam Engines I've worked behind: Norfolk & Western No. 611; Nickel Plate Road No. 765; Southern Pacific No. 4449

#2 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:56 PM

During the Pennsylvania Railroad Historical and Technical Society this last week Bennet Levin owner of the Pennsylvania E Units has stated that he is planning to get the engine back in service.

To do this he has partnered with Wick Moorman and they plan to operate it with a completely authentic 1950s Pennsylvania Railroad Train for excursions and display use. Bennet is also looking at getting a legislative fix to the insurance issue that prevents operators from running without Amtrak.

This is exciting news and it is one amazing way to leave the industry on a high note. And for those of us proud Germans like myself it looks like we we making the boiler.

http://trn.trains.co...oad-k4s-no-1361

Wow! Looking forward to riding that!

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#3 railiner

railiner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts
  • Interests:All public transportation....land, sea, and air

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

That is wonderful news, indeed.... good on Mr Levin for his effort! :)

metroblue?

okay on the blue!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users