Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Heartland Flyer possibility

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DSS&A

DSS&A

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:42 PM

RPA just announced in ots weekly on-line newsletter that Amtrak and Texas Central just signed a ticketing agreement:

"The Information from The agreement includes:

A through-ticketing arrangement that will allow Amtrak passengers to use the Amtrak reservation system to buy a single ticket for travel on both Texas Central and Amtrak trains.
Texas Centrals plans to provide a convenient transfer service connecting passengers between Amtrak and the high-speed rail stations in Dallas and Houston.
Texas Centrals commitment to acquire certain Amtrak services in the development of the high-speed train, such as training, marketing and sales."

While operation of Texas Central is years away, qhen it is operational, it would be beneficial to extend the Hearland Flyer to Dallas for a new direct connection.

#2 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:09 PM

RPA just announced in ots weekly on-line newsletter that Amtrak and Texas Central just signed a ticketing agreement:
"The Information from The agreement includes:
A through-ticketing arrangement that will allow Amtrak passengers to use the Amtrak reservation system to buy a single ticket for travel on both Texas Central and Amtrak trains.
Texas Centrals plans to provide a convenient transfer service connecting passengers between Amtrak and the high-speed rail stations in Dallas and Houston.
Texas Centrals commitment to acquire certain Amtrak services in the development of the high-speed train, such as training, marketing and sales."
While operation of Texas Central is years away, qhen it is operational, it would be beneficial to extend the Hearland Flyer to Dallas for a new direct connection.

Very interesting. Seems like a pretty smart step forward.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#3 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,932 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 04 May 2018 - 06:36 PM

I'm Shocked! Shocked!that this is going on in the Lone Star State!😁😄
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#4 OlympianHiawatha

OlympianHiawatha

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:50 PM

10 years from now I fear things will be exactly as they are today, with studies about this and extending the HF into Kansas still going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users