I was thinking about it and I forgot to add couple more. I'm sure I'm missing a ton.
Well since I've been a member on this forum, here is a list of things that we've generally complained about on here regarding sleeper amenities.
- Lounge lizards are a problem sleeper passengers need a lounge of their own
- The wine and cheese have been cut
- The juices are getting cut
- The amenity kits on the CS have been cut
- The dining car is being cut
- Parlor Car
- Will SCA bring my meals to my room even if I'm not disabled. My SCA rolled their eyes at me when I asked for my meal in my room.
- Will I be seated with strangers in the dining car
- How much do I have to tip in the dining car
- The coffee isn't all day anymore
- I can't live with only 2 bottled water my SCA said they can't give me more than 2. My SCA gave me as many as I want.
- In other countries blah blah blah. ViaRail blah blah blah
Well Amtrak is giving back in one form or another at the cost of the dining car:
- Sleeping car lounge. Exclusively for sleeping car passengers (The dining car)
- Wine, Beer or cocktail (Expanded minus the cheese)
- Unlimited soft drinks (An improvement vs just juice IMOP)
- Return of amenity kits
- Yes your SCA or LSA will bring your meal to you
- NO you can pick whichever booth you want or eat in your room
- NOTHING no more servers. Although tipping your LSA or SCA could conceivably get you extra beer/wine/cocktail (NO GUARANTEES)
- No idea about all day coffee but I don't see why not if they are being generous with the drinks already.
- Now you get unlimited free soft drinks which I'm assuming includes bottled water
- We are talking about Amtrak Am = America
Edited by seat38a, 20 April 2018 - 04:15 PM.