Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

WAS mess (trespasser strike 4/16/18)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MARC Rider

MARC Rider

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

Track obstruction north of Union Sta. delaying all MARC Penn Line trains. Apparently a pedestrian strike. Amtrak trains still listed as on time on the board, but maybe not for long. Could take Camden line or they're turning MARC trains at New Carrolton.

Amtrak app won't let me book a trip.

A real pain. I've got something at home where I really wanted to be home on time. I wonder what's the fastest way to get home.

#2 MARC Rider

MARC Rider

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

All Amtrak NB out of DC also delayed. Amtrak NEC Twitter says it was a trespasser strike. I'm taking the Camden Line and light rail home. Amazingly I have a seat on this SRO Camden Line Train.
  • oregon pioneer likes this

#3 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

Seems like it was a day from hell on the Corridor with trains from VA heavily delayed due to the weather. And then 2172 hits a trespasser. 

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#4 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:41 PM

All Amtrak NB out of DC also delayed. Amtrak NEC Twitter says it was a trespasser strike. I'm taking the Camden Line and light rail home. Amazingly I have a seat on this SRO Camden Line Train.

You must have walked by me. I was with the private cars on 9.
View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net
Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)
Steam Engines I've worked behind: Norfolk & Western No. 611; Nickel Plate Road No. 765; Southern Pacific No. 4449

#5 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:26 PM

That's a popular area. Especially since they put the bike path along the Anacostia underneath it.

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users