Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Blue Moon Hostel and Bar, Lafayette...?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 caravanman

caravanman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts
  • Interests:Open minded travel, in which the journey is often as interesting as the destination...

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

Hi Folks,

I seem to recall that someone on AU had stayed at the above hostel?

I notice that one of my favourite Cajun style bands is appearing there and so considering a visit.

Just seeking any tips on the hostel as a place to stay, any tips on best room, etc?

Thanks,

Ed.

#2 spinnaker

spinnaker

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

I don't know anything about this particular hostel.  It might be just fine but it has been my experience that non HI hostels can be trouble.  If you decide to stay,  I would go for a private room.   Less chance that your night will be interrupted by drunks.   A bar on site can be a bad mix.

#3 caravanman

caravanman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts
  • Interests:Open minded travel, in which the journey is often as interesting as the destination...

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

Thanks for your reply, I just now did a search on AU and found no mention of the hostel by anyone else.

Funny though, the combination of music, beer and a place to sleep was one of the big attractions for me!

I think it looks a fun place, but I am going to postpone my trip for now, anyway, and maybe take another Amtrak tour a little later.

I do use HI hostels as a first preference, and have stayed in several, stateside.

Ed.

#4 AlamoWye

AlamoWye

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

The reviews on TripAdvisor seem to indicate that if you are the laid-back type, you will enjoy yourself. Especially if you can snag the $25 Booking.com special.

• caravanman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users