Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Bought Two auto train tickets, other person can't come, can I use

22 replies to this topic

#21 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,440 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:53 PM

How is it fair for a single coach passenger to be denied even the most minimal privacy (like an armrest or other divider) on an overnight trip? Amtrak creates a problem (lack of privacy in coach) and then exacerbates the problem by refusing to honor multiple tickets.  Either provide some minimal privacy for every seat or allow people who need or desire privacy to buy and use two seats.  But no, they can't do either of those things because it's "very hard" to explain an empty seat on a reserved train but apparently much easier to explain why you were spooned or drooled on by a stinky stranger in the night.  It makes no sense.

Amtrak did? :huh: That is news to me!

So I guess all those 100+ year old railcars that I see in Rail Museums across the country must all be reproductions. I had never saw an armrest on the bench seats, and since Amtrak created the problem and Amtrak is less than 50 years old, those 100 year old cars had to be reproduced - they can not be original! :o

Amtrak bought the Amfleet cars, right?

Then they created the problem by ordering cars without armrests.

What other precious railroads did is completely irrelevant.

• cpotisch likes this
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#22 SANSR

SANSR

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Family and friends.

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

"Precious or Previous?"  (or both???)  (Your Mother-In-Law suggests that her husband is suffering from too much of a wine high and to pay no attention to that man behind the screen........................)

• AmtrakBlue and cpotisch like this

#23 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,440 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:13 PM

My mother-in-law is usually right. If you doubt it, you can just ask her, and she'll tell you just how right she is!!! :D

(you likely knew this before you said "I do") :D

((by the way, I'm likely to be in your neck of the woods at the end of the month - I may even arrive via train))

(((for those not in on the joke, my mother-in-law is SANSR's wife)))
  • AmtrakBlue and cpotisch like this
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users