Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Airline offering a voucher? Just say no!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:00 AM

Voucher instead of a refund? Amtrak's newly announced cancellation policy came to mind.

USA TODAY: Airline offering a voucher? Just say no!
https://usat.ly/2pnFRXw

Sent from my SM-G930P using Amtrak Forum mobile app

Edited by FrensicPic, 25 March 2018 - 12:47 PM.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

5540 miles booked for this fall on the Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, Illini/Saluki, Southwest Chief.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/

#2 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • Interests:Cross-country skiing, forestry, botany, solar power, gardening and food!

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

I am already dreading having to fly in August, and this didn't help. :(

• FrensicPic likes this

Jennifer

I'm a "little Old Lady in Tennis Shoes" (LOLITS) from Eastern Oregon. I love to travel by train, though I live way out in the toolies, far from the nearest Amtrak station (Chemult). My station would have been Baker City, but they cancelled the Oregon Pioneer just before I took my first long-distance train trip as an adult. I've taken most trains in the West, but I'm still exploring new routes in the east.

#3 spinnaker

spinnaker

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

The answer is simple  (at least in some cases).  Avoid budget airlines like the plague. .   I won't even fly Southwest anymore and they are really not what people consider budget.    I absolutely detest their seating policy.  I buy a ticket early.   They have my money.   At the very least I should be rewarded with my choice of assigned seats.

I am flying Delta out to Portland this year.    I swore I would avoid them because of their horrible fees for transporting bicycles.   I will be shipping bike ahead so I won't be paying the fee but I still need to sallow my pride on this flight because there really aren't other options.   Also I paid for the "comfort seating".  An option you need to now pay for that  used to be a part of a regular ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users