Denver Station Luggage Storage?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethChicago

Train Attendant
Traveling out of Denver on the EB CZ in a few weeks. Looks like I'll have most of the day to explore Denver before picking up the train around 7pm (if it's on time).

I'd love to store a bag at Union Station starting at probably 10am. Does anyone know if I can check my bag that early with Amtrak or if there are storage lockers anywhere? I'll be in a sleeper going out of Denver, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Beth

Not a problem.Just show your Luggage to the Agent @ the Small Amtrak "Station" inside Union Station and be on your way! ( which is actually a Luxury Hotel Lobby and Trendy Cafe/Bar hangout since the remodel of Union Station).

When I stored my luggage there several years ago, I was charged a small fee. I think it was $3, but do not remember. I remember it had to be in cash. Some stations are charging a storage fee $10 per bag now.

You should be able to check bags early, baggage should be open because the Westbound calls in the morning. Last time I checked one bag, but paid a small fee for the carry-ons that I didn't want to walk with.

Do they charge to store bags if you're in a sleeper? We will be taking Cardinal (coach seats) into Chicago, then connecting with the California Zephyr to Emeryville in a roomette. We prefer to carry them on and not check them so that we have access to them over the 3-day trip. However, if on time, we have about 4 hours layover between trains. Are we not able to store them free of charge at Union Station in Chicago?

Do they charge to store bags if you're in a sleeper? We will be taking Cardinal (coach seats) into Chicago, then connecting with the California Zephyr to Emeryville in a roomette. We prefer to carry them on and not check them so that we have access to them over the 3-day trip. However, if on time, we have about 4 hours layover between trains. Are we not able to store them free of charge at Union Station in Chicago?
Since you're in a sleeper on the CZ, you can use the Metropolitan Lounge which has a room for storing luggage.

You won't be charged to leave your bag im the Metropolitan Lounge in Chicago, but chances are you will be charged to day check your bags with Denver's baggage services.

Leaving bags at Club Acelas and Metropolitan Lounges is free. Day checking them with baggage services usually incurs a charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back