Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Name that station, NYC Subway Edition

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:15 AM

Nine year old picture, would like to recreate. Can’t remember much about the trip other than we entered and left the city at Grand Central, and some of our wandering was around Times Square.

I’m guessing it’s at Times Square/42nd Street where the 1 and 7 cross?

Attached File  IMG_5496.jpg   87.31KB   19 downloads
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#2 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,515 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:03 AM

But Times Square has platforms on the express tracks. This appears to be a local only station on the 7th Ave IRT.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#3 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 17 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

Could be 50th street on the one train downtown side.
View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net
Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)
Steam Engines I've worked behind: Norfolk & Western No. 611; Nickel Plate Road No. 765; Southern Pacific No. 4449

#4 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

That sounds like it’s right. Jishnu was right about Times Square: Attached File  IMG_5503.jpg   187.99KB   19 downloads
  • pennyk likes this
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#5 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,565 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

That beard though.. :o Lol!

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#6 DoB

DoB

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:36 PM

That style of platform edge is relatively uncommon. On that line, it's only found at 50 St, 18 St, and Canal St.

#7 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:34 AM

Was definitely 50th street then. Dang, we even passed through there, but I didn't cross to the other side of the platforms to look.

Many thanks.
Posted Image

#8 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,490 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:39 AM

Was definitely 50th street then. Dang, we even passed through there, but I didn't cross to the other side of the platforms to look.

Many thanks.

Then you need to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#9 jebr

jebr

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:10 AM

I hear there's an interesting group of people meeting up there in September...

• Ryan and AmtrakBlue like this

#10 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,490 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:23 AM

I hear there's an interesting group of people meeting up there in September...

But would they welcome Ryan into the group?  :P   (only if he shaves)

Edited by AmtrakBlue, 18 March 2018 - 09:23 AM.

#11 gswager

gswager

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:mountain recreations, scuba diving, Christian,

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:57 PM

Do I need to shave my beard, too?

Entire length in segments- Southwest Chief (LSV-LAX & CHI-LSV), Pacific Surfliner (SLO-LAX & LAX-SAN) & San Joaquin (Oakland stub)
Entire length, end to end- Lake Shore Limited (Boston stub) (11/09), Downeaster (11/09) & Coast Starlight (10/11)
Partial- California Zephyr (SLC-EMY), Hiawatha, Cascades (SEA-PDX) & Acela (BOS-PVD)

#12 AmtrakBlue

AmtrakBlue

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,490 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:00 PM

Do I need to shave my beard, too?

Does it look like Ryan's?

#13 SarahZ

SarahZ

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, baking, trivia, adventures, historic preservation

Posted 18 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

That sounds like it’s right. Jishnu was right about Times Square: attachicon.gifIMG_5503.jpg

You were supposed to pick him up!
Amtrak Miles: 48,312

Amtrak Routes: Blue Water, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Carl Sandburg, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Illinois Zephyr, Lincoln Service, Southwest Chief, Texas Eagle, Wolverine

Metropolitan Rail: Chicago Metra, Chicago L, Dallas TRE, Detroit People Mover, New Orleans RTA, San Francisco MUNI, Seattle Monorail, South Shore Line (NICTD), Toronto Subway & RT, Washington DC Metro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users