Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Sea to Shining Sea by Rail

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

Wonderful photos, thank you!

It was nice to see a photo of the Winnemucca station stop. That is one of three or four stations that are all about the same travel time from my house in the middle-of-nowhere-eastern-Oregon. It has been upgraded since the last time we boarded there, just as Chemult (our most regular departure station) has.

Where in my adopted home state of I might ask. It wasn't a bad station actually considering it's the middle of nowhere.

Near Seneca, "Oregon's Icebox", which is high in a mountain valley between Burns and John Day on US Hwy 395. I am off to the edge of the valley in the pine trees.

I am fond of the whole state of Oregon. It is a climatically and politically diverse state, with a unifying sense of self-reliance and love of the outdoors. It is not a rich state (in money, at least), but we do a lot with what we have.

I love Oregon for those exact same reasons actually. Where I'm from we aren't really self reliant. Oregon has this really interesting vibe where local products are cherished, and people are friendly. I can't wait to move to Oregon.
  • oregon pioneer likes this
View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net
Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)
Steam Engines I've worked behind: Norfolk & Western No. 611; Nickel Plate Road No. 765; Southern Pacific No. 4449

#22 Tennessee Traveler

Tennessee Traveler

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:17 PM

Good pictures. I've ridden all the trains you did plus visited Portland and rode TriMet. Recently, I flew threw Charlotte for the first time in many a year and was totally disappointed in the crowd handling and boarding procedures. My home is in Nashville and believe we have one of the best and most locally entertaining airports in the country.

#23 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:55 AM

Really enjoyed reading your report.  Great Photos!!  Sorry about the job not working out, but something better will come along.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users