Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Today is the day! (KIS - PHL on Silver Meteor)/Thanks

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Oreius

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:06 AM

I’m currently riding on Lyft to the Kissimmee station. The big day is finally here!

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#2 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

I’m currently riding on Lyft to the Kissimmee station. The big day is finally here!

Remember to just drop your stuff off in your room and head straight to the dining car. 98 is currently running on time, but you don't want to miss out on lunch!

Edited by cpotisch, 10 March 2018 - 12:18 PM.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#3 Oreius

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:33 PM

I just saw 91. It was over 2 hours late.

#4 pennyk

pennyk

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

Remember to just drop your stuff off in your room and head straight to the dining car. 98 is currently running on time, but you don't want to miss out on lunch!

Before heading straight to the dining car, check with your attendant.  Sometimes they make reservations for you if the train is crowded (which is often the case when I board in Orlando)

Amtrak miles: 244,301; Routes: Silver Meteor, Champion, Silver Star, Auto Train, Capitol Limited, Empire Builder, Lakeshore Limited, Adirondack, Vermonter, Cardinal, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle, Missouri River Runner, Acela Express, Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Hiawatha Service, Maple Leaf, Keystone Service, NE Regional, Downeaster, Piedmont, Carolinian, Lincoln Service, Autumn Express 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, Empire Service, Sunset Limited, San Joaquin, Capitol Corridor, Pennsylvanian, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Ethan Allen Express, AEM-7 Excursion, Pacific Surfliner, Palmetto.  VIA miles: 4,584; Routes: The Canadian, Ocean; Alaska RR Denali Star: 356 miles

#5 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

Have you had lunch yet? Who is your SCA? How do you like the roomette? (Those of us missing the Meteor right now would love to know--hope you are having a great trip! :))

#6 Oreius

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:18 PM

I fit on the diner!! It is named Harrisburg, near where I live!

• pennyk, AmtrakBlue and cpotisch like this

#7 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:29 PM

I fit on the diner!! It is named Harrisburg, near where I live!

They must have arranged the diner with that name just for you! :) :) :)

• cpotisch likes this

#8 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

So far I've been in Hartford and Atlanta. I think I would have been in Harrisburg list month if I traveled one day earlier.

Edited by cpotisch, 10 March 2018 - 01:38 PM.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#9 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

So what do you think so far? How do you like the diner? The roomette?

#10 Oreius

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

The diner was great. I had the Angus Cheeseburger. The roomette is very comfortable and cozy. I don’t remember who my SCA is , but she is very nice and helpful. Dinner will be at 7:15.

#11 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:29 AM

Glad to hear things are going well, hope it continues......

#12 Oreius

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:09 AM

Looks like I’m getting into Philly at 9:36. My connecting train to ELT does not leave until 12:52. Is there an earlier Keystone?

#13 Oreius

Oreius

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

My first trip in a sleeper was excellent and very fun. I arrived at Philadelphia 45 minutes early and am going on an earlier Keystone for the trip to ELT. Thank you all for your helpful hints and tips; it was greatly appreciated. I want to make more trips in a sleeper. Again, thank you!

#14 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:30 AM

Looks like I’m getting into Philly at 9:36. My connecting train to ELT does not leave until 12:52. Is there an earlier Keystone?

I don't personally know, but I recommend you ask the station ticket agent if there's anything earlier you can hop on.

#15 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:48 AM

663 left PHL at 1055a.It is unreserved PHL-HAR. Did you catch it or wander down to Reading Terminal for an Amish breakfast (which is what I would have done)?

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

#16 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

My first trip in a sleeper was excellent and very fun. I arrived at Philadelphia 45 minutes early and am going on an earlier Keystone for the trip to ELT. Thank you all for your helpful hints and tips; it was greatly appreciated. I want to make more trips in a sleeper. Again, thank you!

I am very glad we could help and that you had a great time. I've taken the Silver Meteor more than any other Amtrak train, and I'm always in a roomette. It's great to know you had as fun a ride as I always have!

#17 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

I, too, am glad you had such a good trip and that you liked the sleeper. You were on my two favorite trains: the Meteor and the Keystone! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users