Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

what's going on with Crescent 19 on Mon. 3/12?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 Don Newcomb

Don Newcomb

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

For heavens sake, OF COURSE I left some slack in my schedule. ........ It still has taken me hours to cancel and rebook and rearrange schedules. And I still don't understand why.

Maybe I'm being cranky and unreasonable. Maybe Amtrak should give up on running trains anywhere snow might fall.

Then the complaint is just about the inconvenience of it all. Maybe Amtrak should give up on running trains where the snow might fall or it might rain or there might be earthquakes or floods. Since they don't have control of most of the trackage they use, they can't be assured that crews will clear blockages quickly. After all freight can wait.

Probably but you did have plans. I'd be annoyed too! My town closed the schools because of a snowy forecast and NOTHING occurred.

My wife worked in the county school system and people would become annoyed whenever they canceled school for a storm in the forecast, because it didn't really affect the school. What they didn't take into account is the buses. The buses had to be out early and late and get to places where roads might be flooded or trees downed. It's a really tough situation for the people who have to make the call. The tendency is to err on the side of safety. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users