Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Newbie with ???'s

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 scrollmaster

scrollmaster

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

Okay.. I had a long very productive talk with Amtrak guest rewards and had a really nice helpful lady. okay.. I had all along very productive talk with Amtrak guess reward and had a really nice helpful lady. My member number is indeed on record and she says I will get credit for my tier qualifying points.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Amtrak Forum mobile app

#22 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:58 PM

It occurred to me after my last comment, your AGR number (if provided) will be on your ticket!

BTW, if you have a traveling companion, they should have their own AGR number to get (their) points for their portion of the ticket. If you book two people on a ticket and only you have an AGR number, you only receive the points for your portion of the fare. The companion points, in this case, would be lost. This applies only to the basic rail fare portion. The "accommodation" charge (sleeper) is entirely yours.

• scrollmaster likes this

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

5540 miles booked for this fall on the Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, Illini/Saluki, Southwest Chief.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#23 scrollmaster

scrollmaster

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:26 PM

All thank you that is good information to have. I will get her to register and get an AGR number today

#24 WindyCityTexan

WindyCityTexan

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Have passport, MUST travel.

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:32 AM

All thank you that is good information to have. I will get her to register and get an AGR number today

You should log in to AGR. From there find the link to refer a new member, and enter your wife's email. If she signs up via the email link and travels within 90 days, you both get 500 bonus points.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." -Mark Twain
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts."  - Mark Twain, Innocents Abroad

#25 scrollmaster

scrollmaster

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:17 AM

You should log in to AGR. From there find the link to refer a new member, and enter your wife's email. If she signs up via the email link and travels within 90 days, you both get 500 bonus points.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." -Mark Twain
Thanks a million.. Just sent her the invitation.

• WindyCityTexan likes this

#26 scrollmaster

scrollmaster

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:33 AM

I looked on the BOA app on my phone for the Amtrak Guest Rewards Card I have but don't see anything for referring a friend. Can I also get points for referring her for an Amtrak card?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+

#27 scrollmaster

scrollmaster

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:11 PM

Now this is interesting. My travel agent spoke with AGR again this afternoon and then forwarded an audio copy of the conversation to me. According to her(the AGR representative), because I have the paid Amtrak card I will receive a total of 5 Points in the end for the Amtrak portion that I pay with that card. Can anyone explain that breakdown to me. I expected three points not five.

#28 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:36 AM

Now this is interesting. My travel agent spoke with AGR again this afternoon and then forwarded an audio copy of the conversation to me. According to her(the AGR representative), because I have the paid Amtrak card I will receive a total of 5 Points in the end for the Amtrak portion that I pay with that card. Can anyone explain that breakdown to me. I expected three points not five.

Two points per dollar from Amtrak; three points per dollar from the AGR credit card.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

5540 miles booked for this fall on the Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, Illini/Saluki, Southwest Chief.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#29 scrollmaster

scrollmaster

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:21 AM

WoW!!.. I didn't realize thatAttached File  88b2dc3b4dcd22ab5158b7e88cb2fee7.gif   6.63KB   9 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users