Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

"Like" System Enabled

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,037 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:32 AM

There is now way that they’re on the ball enough to fix it in between when I like a post and reload the page. :D
  • cpotisch likes this
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#22 cpotisch

cpotisch

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cars, Politics

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

cpotisch, I thought I understood the problem from the earlier posts. But, with your easy to follow explanation, I now KNOW for sure. Thanks!

Very glad that helped. Actually thought it was unintelligible when I posted.  :huh: 

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#23 CAMISSY55

CAMISSY55

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

I have seen it quite a lot in the past few weeks and wondered why it was happening on some quotes, but not others.

Just a thought: could the type of device used (desktop, laptop, cell phone, etc.) and/or whether one is using a browser or the AU app to read and post comments have any bearing on the problem?

There is now way that theyre on the ball enough to fix it in between when I like a post and reload the page. :D

#24 cpotisch

cpotisch

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

Just a thought: could the type of device used (desktop, laptop, cell phone, etc.) and/or whether one is using a browser or the AU app to read and post comments have any bearing on the problem?

Almost certainly not, since posts are uploaded in the same format on all platforms. It’s a bug in the site’s code, not in the user’s device’s code.

Edited by cpotisch, 15 April 2018 - 01:51 PM.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service

Wish List: Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome, Downeaster

#25 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

Except for the fact that it never appears on some platforms.
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#26 cpotisch

cpotisch

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

Except for the fact that it never appears on some platforms.

Which ones? The problem is occurring at the site level, so if you're posting from, say, the Amtrak Forum app on an iPhone, it shouldn't have any bearing on what the post actually looks like. I could be wrong, but I don't see how that would work.

#27 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,761 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:25 PM

I do almost all my posting on an iPad. Some posts are correct while others are not - sometimes in the same session.
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#28 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:20 PM

the Amtrak Forum app on an iPhone

That would be the one.
Posted Image

#29 cpotisch

cpotisch

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:13 AM

the Amtrak Forum app on an iPhone

That would be the one.

I've seen [t-quote]s on the Amtrak Forum app.

Edited by cpotisch, 16 April 2018 - 10:51 PM.

#30 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

It doesn’t happen every time, then. I’ve liked a post and immediately reloaded and it showed up without issue.
  • cpotisch likes this
Posted Image

#31 jebr

jebr

Engineer

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:06 AM

There is now way that they’re on the ball enough to fix it in between when I like a post and reload the page. :D

Way to discount our ninja editing skills like that.  :ph34r:  ;)

• Ryan, AmtrakBlue and cpotisch like this

#32 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:07 AM

I shouldn’t doubt you have a dedicated staff member virtually following me around.
  • AmtrakBlue and jebr like this
Posted Image

#33 cpotisch

cpotisch

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Do you know if [t-quote]s are still present in corrupted posts that were repaired? So like if a post gets screwed up and then fixed by editing, is [t-quote] still there in the background, but the correct quote box is shown? Or does it seem that it's reverting back to [quote] and that's why it's fixed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users