Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Reno-Las Vegas-Phoenix

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Swadian Hardcore

Swadian Hardcore

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts
  • Interests:Transportation, business, politics, and military history.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:05 PM

Anyone going between Reno, Las Vegas, and Phoenix?

www.streamlinerlines.com

MCI 102DL3 SUPERFAN
A MILLION MILES A DAY
DETROIT DIESEL 6067BK28

#2 railiner

railiner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,534 posts
  • Interests:All public transportation....land, sea, and air

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:27 AM

Sounds like a great bargain... :)

metroblue?

okay on the blue!

#3 CCC1007

CCC1007

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

I tried to book a ticket but my credit card wouldn't be accepted. :angry: I have excellent credit so it can't be my problem.

What card issuer?

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#4 Swadian Hardcore

Swadian Hardcore

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

I tried to book a ticket but my credit card wouldn't be accepted. :angry: I have excellent credit so it can't be my problem.

What card issuer?

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Never mind, it works now.

Edited by Swadian Hardcore, 26 February 2018 - 03:51 PM.

MCI 102DL3 SUPERFAN
A MILLION MILES A DAY
DETROIT DIESEL 6067BK28

#5 fairviewroad

fairviewroad

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

Oh boy. That website makes the whole thing look like amateur hour. I'd be very cautious of relying on an outfit like this.

For instance, if you read their "about us" page, the section called "our people" lists four employees (three of whom are drivers...one of whom operates a hot dog stand on the side, BTW). The owner is listed only as "Count John" (no last name) and he calls himself the "founder and Authority" (sic) of the company. Yeesh.

I mean, maybe they can operate a single-route bus line but I think I'd have some serious back-up plans available if I really needed to travel. Southwest and AA operate LAS<-->PHX about 16x a day, for instance...

#6 Swadian Hardcore

Swadian Hardcore

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:43 PM

Oh boy. That website makes the whole thing look like amateur hour. I'd be very cautious of relying on an outfit like this.

For instance, if you read their "about us" page, the section called "our people" lists four employees (three of whom are drivers...one of whom operates a hot dog stand on the side, BTW). The owner is listed only as "Count John" (no last name) and he calls himself the "founder and Authority" (sic) of the company. Yeesh.

I mean, maybe they can operate a single-route bus line but I think I'd have some serious back-up plans available if I really needed to travel. Southwest and AA operate LAS<-->PHX about 16x a day, for instance...

I am one of those 4 employees, lol. Well, you let know what other issues you see and we'll try to fix them. We just fixed the "about us" page after reading what you posted.

For each unit we pay for insurance the equivalent of 4 or 5 paid round-the-world Business Class flights, so we don't want the website to make us look amateur when we are not.

Edited by Swadian Hardcore, 05 March 2018 - 09:40 PM.

MCI 102DL3 SUPERFAN
A MILLION MILES A DAY
DETROIT DIESEL 6067BK28

#7 Swadian Hardcore

Swadian Hardcore

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:28 PM

Just wondering if anyone was actually able to buy tickets, because it seems that we may have an API problem at the payment gateway.

MCI 102DL3 SUPERFAN
A MILLION MILES A DAY
DETROIT DIESEL 6067BK28

#8 fairviewroad

fairviewroad

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:55 PM

I am one of those 4 employees, lol. Well, you let know what other issues you see and we'll try to fix them. We just fixed the "about us" page after reading what you posted.

For each unit we pay for insurance the equivalent of 4 or 5 paid round-the-world Business Class flights, so we don't want the website to make us look amateur when we are not.

Oh hey there! Sorry if my critique came across as a bit harsh. It never occurred to me that you were involved. Well, I truly wish you the best of luck! It sounds like you have a lot on the line. Keep us updated.

#9 Swadian Hardcore

Swadian Hardcore

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:34 PM

Oh hey there! Sorry if my critique came across as a bit harsh. It never occurred to me that you were involved. Well, I truly wish you the best of luck! It sounds like you have a lot on the line. Keep us updated.

Don't worry about harsh words - the insurance premium is infinitely harsher. We are working on our website; could you please tell us what else you see is "amateur" so that we can fix it? Now we designed it off free online tutorials and we're not really web developers at all so bear with us. We have to know what is wrong in order to fix it.

MCI 102DL3 SUPERFAN
A MILLION MILES A DAY
DETROIT DIESEL 6067BK28

#10 ehbowen

ehbowen

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:21 PM

I suggest that you check with publishers of website templates. You should be able to purchase a decent one for under $100. If nobody in your circle is a web developer, you can probably find someone to customize it for a couple hundred more.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Amtrak Forum mobile app

broadside-1.jpg 16 inch Armor Piercing...When you care enough to send the very, VERY best!
Visit Streamliner Schedules - Historic timetables from the Streamliner era.

#11 Swadian Hardcore

Swadian Hardcore

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:23 AM

I suggest that you check with publishers of website templates. You should be able to purchase a decent one for under $100. If nobody in your circle is a web developer, you can probably find someone to customize it for a couple hundred more.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Amtrak Forum mobile app

That's kinda what we did. How is the website as it stands?

MCI 102DL3 SUPERFAN
A MILLION MILES A DAY
DETROIT DIESEL 6067BK28

#12 Swadian Hardcore

Swadian Hardcore

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

Just sold our first ticket. If you guys want to come for a ride we have a lot of promotion running right now.

MCI 102DL3 SUPERFAN
A MILLION MILES A DAY
DETROIT DIESEL 6067BK28

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users