Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Circus Train Dispostion?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 VentureForth

VentureForth

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

With the ending of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus, does anyone know what has or is happening to their railcars?

Edited by VentureForth, 21 February 2018 - 10:17 AM.

14,223 Amtrak Miles. Many more to go.
Completed Routes: Capitol Limited, Palmetto
Also Ridden: Carolinian, Crescent, Pacific Surfliner, Piedmont, Southwest Chief, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Texas Eagle

#2 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,169 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

What we know is documented here.

http://discuss.amtra...gling-Car-Sales
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#3 cirdan

cirdan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

With the ending of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus, does anyone know what has or is happening to their railcars?

I understand they have been auctioned. Probably dispersed among different buyers in different locations.

No idea how many have gone for scrap versus how many are finding a new purpose.

#4 Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  • Interests:-Amtrak
    -New York Central
    -Seaboard Airline
    -Scriptwriting

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

PM me and I can send you a spreadsheet with the cars listed. The largest buyers are NCDOT with 9 cars, PAXX/Crossroads Rail with 12, EL Dining Car Society has 2, Cincinnati Dinner Train 2.
View my pictures at http://trainboy1.rrpicturearchives.net
Amtrak Routes I've riden: Silver Star(NYP-ORL), Silver Meteor(KIS-NYP),Carolinian(CLT-NWK), Palmetto (FLO-NYP), Acela(WAS-NYP), NE Regional(WBG-RVR), Pacific Surfliner(SAN-OSD), Piedmont(CLT-SAL), Crescent(NYP-CLT), Cardinal (WAS-CHI), Capitol Limited (CHI-WAS), Cascade (PDX-SEA)
Steam Engines I've worked behind: Norfolk & Western No. 611; Nickel Plate Road No. 765; Southern Pacific No. 4449

#5 brianpmcdonnell17

brianpmcdonnell17

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:37 PM

There are a few ex-Circus Train cars at the Florida Railroad Museum in Parrish and Willow, FL.

Attached Files

Edited by brianpmcdonnell17, 22 February 2018 - 10:41 PM.

<p>Routes Travelled: CL WAS-CHI, Card. CHI-WAS, Caro. CLT-RGH, CS SEA-LAX, CZ CHI-RIC, Cre. BAL-ATL, EB SEA-CHI, ES NYG/NYP-NFL, LSL BOS/NYP-CHI, ML ALB-NYP, NER FBG-RVR+WAS-BOS, PS LAX-ANA, Pen. NYP-PGH, Pie. RGH-CLT, SM ORL-NYP, SS FTL-NYP

#6 NorthShore

NorthShore

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:39 PM

Some former circus performers have also purchased individual cars and are placing them on their personal property.

I.believe that Circus World Museum in Baraboo got one or two.

And I think one was donated to a ministry group which aids retired circus people.

#7 NorthShore

NorthShore

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

16-20 cars were recently sent to Williston Family Farm in Florida

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users