Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Amtrak store at CUS is open again?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

There are staffing issues  and no one knows for sure if the new regime will finance a staff for the store at a time when they are cutting staffed stations. 

Stay tuned.

Edited by Thirdrail7, 12 May 2018 - 03:47 PM.

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

#42 DSS&A

DSS&A

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:14 PM

I stopped by Chicago Union Station at lunch and talked to an employee. The store was open yesterday, but closed today because the employee "went out on the road". There should be another employee to operate the store in a day or two. The store hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
  • tim49424 and cpotisch like this

#43 tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

I stopped by Chicago Union Station at lunch and talked to an employee. The store was open yesterday, but closed today because the employee "went out on the road". There should be another employee to operate the store in a day or two. The store hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.

Thanks for the update! I’m making a day trip to Chicago to check it out, May 24!

Edited by tim49424, 16 May 2018 - 05:09 PM.

• bcanedy likes this

Over 50,000 miles traveled on Amtrak since December, 2007.  Next trip: May 24 - HOM-CHI RT

Amtrak trains traveled on as of May, 2018:  Pere Marquette, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Wolverine, Coast Starlight, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Pacific Surfliner, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Cardinal, Northeast Regional, Downeaster, Lake Shore Limited, Heartland Flyer, Amtrak Cascades, Ethan Allen, Capitol Limited and Carolinian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users