Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Amtrak store at CUS is open again?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 GregL

GregL

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

Do they have posters? I have several, however, I would like one ore two more. The online store doesn’t carry them any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#22 tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Do they have posters? I have several, however, I would like one ore two more. The online store doesn’t carry them any more.

I found this page. I’ve not ordered from it yet as I have all the posters I want, but the selection and prices look good.....plus they have other merchandise too.

http://www.transitgi...p/amtrak-prints

Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum

Over 60,000 miles traveled on Amtrak since December, 2007.  Next trip: December 15-19, HOM-NOL RT

Amtrak trains traveled on as of May, 2018:  Pere Marquette, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Wolverine, Coast Starlight, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Pacific Surfliner, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Cardinal, Northeast Regional, Downeaster, Lake Shore Limited, Heartland Flyer, Amtrak Cascades, Ethan Allen, Capitol Limited and Carolinian

#23 KleShreen

KleShreen

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

For those who have been there before, what kind of items do they have here? I'm assuming just the general shirts/hats/blankets/coffee mugs selection? Will be starting my CZ journey there in August and would like to know what to budget for! Haha.

I was hoping to get like a diecast train maybe, or maybe something specifically CZ-related.

Edit: Nevermind, sounds like it is a wholesale clearance going on. Haha.

Edited by KleShreen, 28 February 2018 - 02:00 PM.

• Northwest Railfan likes this

First train trips in the books!

August 19, 2018: Pere Marquette from Grand Rapids to Chicago

August 19-21, 2018: California Zephyr from Chicago to Emeryville

August 23, 2018: Coast Stralight from Oakland to Los Angeles

#24 Pere Flyer

Pere Flyer

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Writing, dancing, traveling

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

I found this page. I’ve not ordered from it yet as I have all the posters I want, but the selection and prices look good.....plus they have other merchandise too.

No Texas Eagle print?
At least the prices are reasonable. The artist sells them on his website for a pretty penny.

Edited by Pere Flyer, 28 February 2018 - 02:23 PM.

Pere Marquette: 370 (CHI, HOM, GRR); 371 (GRR, HOM, CHI) | Heartland Flyer: 821 (OKC, NOR, FTW); 822 (FTW, NOR, OKC) | Texas Eagle: 21 (CHI, FTW, SAS); 22 (SAS, FTW, AUS, CHI) Cardinal: 50 (CHI, IND, CIN)

SS Line | TRE | DART | MTA | NJT | DC Metro | MBTA | CTA | RTD | MARTA | QLine | Paris Métropolitain | Barcelona Metro | GLI | Jefferson Lines | Ambustitution

#25 Maglev

Maglev

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Trains, environmental science, planetary volcanism.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

These are 11" x 17"--that's kind of small for a "poster."

Northeast corridor Heritage, Metroliner, Amfleet and Acela, CN Super Continental, Broadway Limited, Lone Star, Sunset Limited, Coast Starlight, San Joaquin, Southwest Limited, National Limited, Champion, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Wolverine, Crescent, Empire Builder, Cascades, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Meteor, Cardinal. 

#26 GregL

GregL

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

These are 11" x 17"--that's kind of small for a "poster."
I bought a 18x24 frame, and put matting that matched each poster to fill in the difference.
They turned out. great.

#27 KleShreen

KleShreen

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

No Texas Eagle print?
At least the prices are reasonable. The artist sells them on his website for a pretty penny.

No Coast Starlight either. Booo.

First train trips in the books!

August 19, 2018: Pere Marquette from Grand Rapids to Chicago

August 19-21, 2018: California Zephyr from Chicago to Emeryville

August 23, 2018: Coast Stralight from Oakland to Los Angeles

#28 willem

willem

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:39 AM

For those who have been there before, what kind of items do they have here?

I was interested in tee shirts and didn't pay much attention to the other items, but there were pins and tie clips and maybe cuff links and such. There were also sweat shirts and a small pillow made to look like an Amtrak engine and other things that I don't recall.

Unrelated to the store, I have three items that I expect to discard if no one is interested.

The first is a framed Rand McNally map that is old enough that it does not have a copyright date. I bought it used over 20 years ago and it appeared old then. It has railroads and no highways. It also has many pinholes. Including the frame, it is about 36.5 inches by 54 inches.

Attached File  railroads old .jpg   240.3KB   26 downloads

The second is a more recent map in better shape. It also shows railroads and no highways. I have no recollection of where or when I got it. It is 24 inches by 36 inches.

Attached File  railroads recent .jpg   239.5KB   27 downloads

The third one is an Amtrak poster that I believe I got at a Train Days event back when there were Train Days events. It is 18 inches by 24 inches.

Attached File  veterans locomotive .jpg   141.79KB   27 downloads

Anyone?

Edited to add sizes.

Edited by willem, 01 March 2018 - 02:10 PM.

#29 brianpmcdonnell17

brianpmcdonnell17

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

I was interested in tee shirts and didn't pay much attention to the other items, but there were pins and tie clips and maybe cuff links and such. There were also sweat shirts and a small pillow made to look like an Amtrak engine and other things that I don't recall.

Unrelated to the store, I have three items that I expect to discard if no one is interested.

The first is a framed Rand McNally map that is old enough that it does not have a copyright date. I bought it used over 20 years ago and it appeared old then. It has railroads and no highways. It also has many pinholes.
railroads old .jpg

The second is a more recent map in better shape. It also shows railroads and no highways. I have no recollection of where or when I got it.
railroads recent .jpg

The third one is an Amtrak poster that I believe I got at a Train Days event back when there were Train Days events.
veterans locomotive .jpg

Anyone?
Those are interesting! How big are they?
Routes Travelled: CL WAS-CHI, Card. CHI-WAS, Caro. CLT-RGH, CS SEA-LAX, CZ CHI-RIC, Cre. BAL-ATL, EB SEA-CHI, ES NYG/NYP-NFL, LSL BOS/NYP-CHI, ML ALB-NYP, NER FBG-RVR+WAS-BOS, PS LAX-ANA, Pen. NYP-PGH, Pie. RGH-CLT, SM ORL-NYP, SS MIA-NYP

#30 tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

I was interested in tee shirts

Which t-shirts did they have?

Over 60,000 miles traveled on Amtrak since December, 2007.  Next trip: December 15-19, HOM-NOL RT

Amtrak trains traveled on as of May, 2018:  Pere Marquette, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Wolverine, Coast Starlight, California Zephyr, Southwest Chief, Pacific Surfliner, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Cardinal, Northeast Regional, Downeaster, Lake Shore Limited, Heartland Flyer, Amtrak Cascades, Ethan Allen, Capitol Limited and Carolinian

#31 willem

willem

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

What a reasonable question. I should have anticipated it. The framed railway map is 36.5 by 54 inches, the newer railway may is 24 by 36 inches, and the Veterans' Locomotive poster is 18 by 24 inches. I edited my original post to add that information.

Which t-shirts did they have?

The store had Empire Builder tee shirts in S, maybe M, XL, XXL, but no L. Guess what size I wanted.

I didn't check sizes, but Cardinal, Auto Train, and City of New Orleans were on display, and probably others. Coast Starlight and Sunset Limited were not available. Sorry I don't remember more details.

There were Amtrak America tee shirts in white or gray for $6. That seemed like a good deal, and they were available in Large.

#32 brianpmcdonnell17

brianpmcdonnell17

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:06 PM

What a reasonable question. I should have anticipated it. The framed railway map is 36.5 by 54 inches, the newer railway may is 24 by 36 inches, and the Veterans' Locomotive poster is 18 by 24 inches.
Thanks for the info. Would you be able to ship them? I would love to have them and definitely don't want to see them go to waste, but I'm currently in the process of moving so trying to figure out where they could go. If nobody else wants them, I will let you know if I can find a place for them in the next few days.
Routes Travelled: CL WAS-CHI, Card. CHI-WAS, Caro. CLT-RGH, CS SEA-LAX, CZ CHI-RIC, Cre. BAL-ATL, EB SEA-CHI, ES NYG/NYP-NFL, LSL BOS/NYP-CHI, ML ALB-NYP, NER FBG-RVR+WAS-BOS, PS LAX-ANA, Pen. NYP-PGH, Pie. RGH-CLT, SM ORL-NYP, SS MIA-NYP

#33 tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

Doesn’t sound like all that large of a selection at CUS.....however, online the t-shirts are almost nonexistent....they’ve purged a whole lot more in the last few days.

Edited by tim49424, 04 March 2018 - 12:27 AM.

#34 willem

willem

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for the info. Would you be able to ship them? I would love to have them and definitely don't want to see them go to waste, but I'm currently in the process of moving so trying to figure out where they could go. If nobody else wants them, I will let you know if I can find a place for them in the next few days.

I'll send you a private message.

#35 tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

Does anyone know what the deal with the Amtrak Merchandise store at Chicago Union Station is? I was there last Saturday and am at CUS today and it’s closed but there are tables filled with stuff including t-shirts and posters....things that aren’t available online anymore.

MODERATOR NOTE:  This was a new thread that was merged with the existing thread on the same topic.

#36 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

It definitely should still be open. Was there in late February and Amtrak hasn't said anything of it closing since then.

Edited by cpotisch, 12 May 2018 - 02:04 PM.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service, Downeaster w/ Great Dome

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome

#37 tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:04 PM

It's definitely still open.

When? What are the days/hours? It’s locked up currently as I checked a few times since I arrived here around 11 and checked several times last Saturday, same result. I too, was here in February but the inventory was lacking but it was open.

Edited by tim49424, 12 May 2018 - 02:08 PM.

#38 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:23 PM

It's definitely still open.

When? What are the days/hours? It’s locked up currently as I checked a few times since I arrived here around 11 and checked several times last Saturday, same result. I too, was here in February but the inventory was lacking but it was open.

I'm not sure what the days and hours are, just that it should be open. Maybe it's just closed this week.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service, Downeaster w/ Great Dome

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome

#39 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

Have you talked with an agent or manager with Amtrak to see what they know?

• cpotisch likes this

#40 tim49424

tim49424

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

Have you talked with an agent or manager with Amtrak to see what they know?

I just emailed CUS and am hoping for a response.
  • cpotisch likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users