Amtrak President's Day Sale

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckL

Service Attendant
Amtrak just sent the following:

Book through February 19 to enjoy up to 30% off, plus plenty of legroom

Amtrak[emoji768] is celebrating Presidents Day with a 4-day sale—up to 30% off most routes. Take a weekend getaway or enjoy a day trip downtown between March 19 and May 23. Travel for less when you book now through Monday.

When you ride with Amtrak, you'll enjoy amenities without paying extra:

• Up to two personal items and two bags for free

• No middle seats and plenty of legroom

• No airplane mode means you can stay connected the entire trip

• Free Wi-Fi on most trains

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

This offer is exclusively available at www.amtrak.com.

Fare discount will be automatically applied when qualifying travel is selected, no discount code is needed.

Valid for sale between February 16 - 19, 2018

Valid for travel between March 19, 2018 – May 23, 2018 for all service except Acela Express, Pennsylvanian and Keystone service locally between Philadelphia, PA and Harrisburg, PA, Capitol Corridor, Pacific Surfliner, Hiawatha and 7000-8999.

Valid for discounted one-way coach rail fares based on the regular (full) adult rail fare.

Valid for coach seats only; no accommodation upgrades permitted.

Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all trains at all times.

Fares are subject to availability.

One child age 2-12 may accompany each adult at half fare.

Once purchased tickets are non-refundable; exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period.

This offer is not valid for onboard ticket purchase.

In addition to the discount restrictions; this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.

This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer.

Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.

Once travel has begun; no changes to the itinerary are permitted.

Other restrictions may apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the detailed post. I will forget that "sale" since I am planning a Silver Meteor journey in December and next January and in a Roomette.

When I check trips that interest me in those dates, I see no difference. The key words are "may not be available." Good Luck!!
Just curious if you selected a train and proceeded to the next page.
Fare discount will be automatically applied when qualifying travel is selected,
Well now I have ..... nothing changes. 4/12 cvs-nyp #20 $98 & #176 $190!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was the last 'super sale' like this one maybe a year ago that I checked out some prices from Windsor Locks to Philadelphia or Washington DC. I didn't see any difference than the 'regular' prices I had been paying. Then I checked the SPECIFIC CITY PAIRS listed, and that worked got the better prices. So, if I want to pay full tilt to/from NYP, for example, I'm golden. I'm still thinking about it.

Back