Dallas to Fort Worth

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VentureForth

Engineer
Sorry - I'm no longer over there, and searching this forum isn't very useful (I think it's because of blocka at work)...

Anyway, is Amtrak now using the TRE between Dallas and Fort Worth?

If so, has the lack of backing into FTW saved enough time to modify the time tables?

Sorry - I'm no longer over there, and searching this forum isn't very useful (I think it's because of blocka at work)...

Anyway, is Amtrak now using the TRE between Dallas and Fort Worth?

If so, has the lack of backing into FTW saved enough time to modify the time tables?
Yep, Amtrak runs on the TRE Route through Irving except when there is Trackwork and they utilize the UP Main ( ex T&P) between Dallas and,Ft Worth.
The Eagles still use the same schedule since FTW is a Crew Change and Service Stop Station resulting in fairly lengthy stops.

Wouldn't really help to change the Schedule since UP would want Millions to do it!**

**Note: due to the current Trackwork between Longview and Dallas, the Eagles are running a Detour on most days from Taylor to Longview via the old MoPac and Cotton Belt Routes in East Texas.

Bustitutions are occurring for all Passengers traveling North of Taylor to Mineola on #22 and for the Regular Station Stops between Longview and Taylor on #21.

Last edited by a moderator:
**Note: due to the current Trackwork between Longview and Dallas, the Eagles are running a Detour on most days from Taylor to Longview via the old MoPac and Cotton Belt Routes in East Texas.

Bustitutions are occurring for all Passengers traveling North of Taylor to Mindola on #22 and for the Regular Station Stops between Longview and Taylor on #21.
Seems like they're doing that trackwork earlier this year than precious years.

When I was a child, back in the 40s, I recall seeing a trolley car line between the two cities.

Back