Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Using the LAX Metropolitan Lounge

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Lonestar648

Lonestar648

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:35 AM

You must have missed the guys who suddenly on one of the interstates do 360s then start driving against the flow. All just for FUN!! Witnessing that not just once but twice a couple years ago is enough to make you stay off the highways. This and the motorcycles that race at tremendous speeds between the slowed lanes of traffic, many time no muffler.

#22 NW cannonball

NW cannonball

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • Interests:People and places
    Justice
    Transport economics
    Techie stuff
    Grandchildren

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:00 AM

I had fun renting my car at LAX a few years back. It seems you guys drive on the wrong side of the road, your cars don't have gear sticks, and your roads are super wide! I also found that the car rental street maps don't show every street. I must have been braver back in those days!  :D

Ed.

Good you survived the (insanity? lunacy? ) whatever -- Los Angeles isn't "totally" insane as some would have it.

Actually, (like so many say) good place to visit, but you can't afford to live there 

Trains experienced:
AMTRAK - Empire Builder, SW Chief, Coast Starlight, Lake Shore Limited, Cardinal, Capital Limited, NER, Silver Star, Pacific Surfliner, Cascades; Great Northern - Winnipegger, Red River, Empire Builder.
NYC - Pacemaker; Commuter lines - NM RailRunner, Metra, Northstar
outside USA - NS, DB, ÖBB, JR (Tokaido & Sanyo shinkansen, JRE (Tokyo area), JR Shikoku

#23 seat38a

seat38a

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes, And Web App Development

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

You must have missed the guys who suddenly on one of the interstates do 360s then start driving against the flow. All just for FUN!! Witnessing that not just once but twice a couple years ago is enough to make you stay off the highways. This and the motorcycles that race at tremendous speeds between the slowed lanes of traffic, many time no muffler.

Ugh ok. Seems like what your describing is daily life on the road and nothing unusual.

#24 Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

Most of the really crazy driving seems to occur in the first few weeks after each Fast & Furious movie.  In the grand scheme of things I find custom pickups in Texas to be just as bad as modified sports cars in California.  Different vehicles but the same lawless invisibility mindset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users