Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Airline help for Amtrak

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KmH

KmH

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, photography

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:03 PM

Airline's take-away-from-passengers-wish-list:

https://www.msn.com/...V1FJ?li=BBnbfcN

Edited by KmH, 10 February 2018 - 11:03 PM.

California Zephyr • Coast Starlight  • Southwest Chief • Sunset Limited • Texas Eagle • Illinois Zephyr • Capitol Corridor

. . . . Amtrak miles - 23,703, so far.

#2 Blackwolf

Blackwolf

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Interests:Public Safety, passenger rail, travel, hunting, fishing

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:36 AM

Making America Great Again... :ohboy:

Amtrak
Capitol Corridor (too many times to count!); Coast Starlight (x21); California Zephyr (x7); Empire Builder (x2); Lake Shore Limited (x4); Maple Leaf (x1); Adirondack (x2); Cascades (x1); Pacific Surfliner (x6); San Joaquin (x8); Capitol Limited (x1); Cardinal (x2); Acela (x1)
VIA Rail
Ocean (x4); Windsor Corridor (x2); The Canadian (x1)

#3 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,843 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

Needing prompt wheelchair assistance - depends when the request was made?:huh: (Is 6 months ago when I bought the ticket enough, or should I have made the request sooner?:huh: )

2 weeks ago, I had a connection on American Airlines at DFW. I had previously requested wheelchair assistance. The airline agent met me on the jetway and took me to my departure flight. Because my arrival was in 1 terminal and my departure was in another (both on AA BTW), I had to transfer using the airport tram. Even with the airline employee assistance, by the time I got to the gate, it was already boarding! But now they either want to take that option away or start charging for it?:huh:

And they wonder why people hate flying?

Edited by the_traveler, 17 February 2018 - 08:38 PM.

Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#4 railiner

railiner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts
  • Interests:All public transportation....land, sea, and air

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

Needing prompt wheelchair assistance - depends when the request was made? :huh: (Is 6 months ago when I bought the ticket enough, or should I have made the request sooner? :huh: )

2 weeks ago, I had a connection on American Airlines at DFW. I had previously requested wheelchair assistance. The airline agent met me on the jetway and took me to my departure flight. Because my arrival was in 1 terminal and my departure was in another (both on AA BTW), I had to transfer using the airport tram. Even with the airline employee assistance, by the time I got to the gate, it was already boarding! But now they either want to take that option away or start charging for it? :huh:

And they wonder why people hate flying?

Just to clarify...was it an airline employee that pushed your wheelchair, or a contracted service employee that the airline had to pay for?

metroblue?

okay on the blue!

#5 Palmetto

Palmetto

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:31 AM

Most large airports--including DFW--have a contracted service person pushing the wheelchairs.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users