Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

The Dinky's One Minute of Fame

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

I was reading the Trains Magazine newsletter (which they keep sending me even though I haven't subscribed to the magazine for a while) dated February 5 and was pleasantly surprised to see a video of the Princeton Dinky. I didn't know it was the shortest passenger branch in the U.S.

I tried to post a link but couldn't get it to work.

The video was only a minute long, but I guess a train that short on a branch that short will have to be happy with one minute of fame instead of the usual 15! :P

Edited by Mystic River Dragon, 06 February 2018 - 03:30 PM.

#2 Thirdrail7

Thirdrail7

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

Hopefully, this link will work:

Trains Video Postcard: the Princeton 'Dinky'

They say laughter is the best medicine. Obviously they never posted on AU.

#3 trainman74

trainman74

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

"No one aboard is thinking about the fact that this commuter run is the shortest passenger branch in the United States, as they head towards the famed university town."

How does the writer know no one on board is thinking about that fact?

#4 caravanman

caravanman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts
  • Interests:Open minded travel, in which the journey is often as interesting as the destination...

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

"No one aboard is thinking about the fact that this commuter run is the shortest passenger branch in the United States, as they head towards the famed university town."

How does the writer know no one on board is thinking about that fact?

Maybe the writer is the only passenger, and they are thinking something else...?  Elementary, my dear Watson  :D

Edited by caravanman, 07 February 2018 - 09:58 AM.

#5 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:39 PM

Thank you, Thirdrail7--that was the video, and the link works nicely. :)

I thought the same thing, trainman74--how does the author know what people are thinking?

But caravanman, there definitely would have been more than one person on there. I see that train every day on my commute (although I am sorry to say I've never ridden it, because I'm always going to work in the Princeton Junction area and have no need to go into Princeton proper). But I have met some fascinating people who ride it as they are waiting for the train and I'm waiting for my office shuttle. Along with students, there are professors, people who work at the Princeton Seminary, and a librarian at the university--lots of smart people with interesting jobs! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users