Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Video of My Cross Country Train Trip!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joeblackcoffee

joeblackcoffee

Train Attendant

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

Hi all,

I recently made the trip cross country from Orlando, Florida to Portland, Oregon. I documented the trip, as well as answered a bunch of questions in the video description for anyone curious about the cross country journey. My route was Orlando----->DC--------->Chicago--------->Portland

If you'd like to see the video, it's here: https://youtu.be/cnam50G1cVQ

Attached Files

#2 BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Warbirds and Automobiles.
    Computer Technology.
    Electric Blues

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

Thank you very much for posting this video! I feel like I took the trip myself. The EB is the one train that I have always wanted to ride but never have. I hope you keep riding and posting Joeblackcoffee. Awesome!

#3 Woodcut60

Woodcut60

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains; Amtrak; American Railroad History

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:30 AM

Thanks for a wonderful trip report. I loved your YouTube film. Also nice that you did not cut off the singer-songwriter on board the train. Good to hear him performing the whole song. I've been on all those trains myself and it brought back a lot of nice memories. Very brave to make this trip only in Coach Class. You must have been exhausted.

Amtrak Routes Traveled: Lake Shore Limited, California Zephyr, San Joaquin, Pacific Surfliner, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Cardinal, Crescent, Sunset Limited, Southwest Chief, Hiawatha, City of New Orleans, Texas Eagle, Heartland Flyer, Missouri River Runner, Lincoln, Wolverine, Northeast Regional, Acela Express, Downeaster, Vermonter, Silver Star, Silver Meteor, Capitol Limited, Pennsylvanian, Amtrak Cascades, Maple Leaf, Adirondack, Ethan Allen Express, Keystone, Carolinian, Piedmont.
Other Routes in North America: Denali Star (Anchorage-Fairbanks, Alaska Railroad), The Ocean (Halifax-Montréal), Corridor (Montréal-Toronto), The Canadian (Toronto-Vancouver).
Amtrak: approx. 29,000 miles and 47 states; VIA Rail Canada: approx. 4,300 miles and eight provinces.

#4 mediaman

mediaman

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

Great work!  You did a fantastic job capturing your experiences on this cross country trip and I enjoyed riding along with you.

Silver Comet, D&RGW, Desert Wind, Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Pacific Surfliner, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Crescent, Lake Shore Limited, Broadway Limited, Capitol Limited, California Zephyr, Silver Star

#5 Cma

Cma

Train Attendant

• Training
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Family, reading, history, dreaming about train trips (past and future)

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for a great video.

#6 JRR

JRR

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

Great job. Great touch keeping the performer’s music going as background.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users