10 ride ticket question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex

Service Attendant
Yesterday, I boarded 83 at NYP to go to Baltimore with a 10 ride. Before departing, the conductor made an announcement that multi-rides and monthlies were not accepted on that train between NY and Philly. I went to find him and asked if it was accepted to go beyond Philly and he said "no, you must have a ticket for THIS train."

So I grabbed my things, got off the train, went back up to Club Acela and asked the rep at the desk who said, "no you were fine, it's just New York and Philadelphia and intermediate cities."

Of course, the train had already left. So, I am confused... which is it?

Thanks.

Multi-Ride Tickets may not be used on the trains below. Consult an Amtrak ticket or reservations sales agent for additional details about restrictions.

Train Name Train Number
Acela Express Multi-Ride Tickets are not valid on any trains.
Northeast Regional 135, 156
83, 93 - Not permitted between New York City & Philadelphia, PA and intermediate cities.
84, 87, 94, 95, 194 - Not permitted between New London, CT & Washington, DC and intermediate cities.

Sounds like the conductor may have been wrong, if the website info is correct.

I saw that, too, but the question is how to interpret it. Does it mean your ride is completely between those cities or does it mean your ride includes that segment?

Just to update this, I rode 83 using my 10-ride this week with no issue, and I also complained about my previous experience using the online form and was given a small evoucher which I'm satisfied with.

Just to update this, I rode 83 using my 10-ride this week with no issue, and I also complained about my previous experience using the online form and was given a small evoucher which I'm satisfied with.
Well done! I'm glad you were proactive and got a nice response from Customer Relations.

Back