Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

changes at NJT--any thoughts or background info?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Our new governor has appointed Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti as the new Transportation Commissioner.

He is also cleaning house at NJT. Santoro is leaving as executive director, but no announcement so far of who will replace him. Plus some other high-level people are being asked to ride into the commuter sunset, but names haven't been released yet.

Anyone who follows NJ stuff know more about this than the papers (and I) do?

Any thoughts on the new Transportation Commissioner?

Any idea who might be in line for NJT exec. director?

Inquiring (or just plain nosy :P) minds want to know!

Thanks in advance for any information updates or thoughts.

#2 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:30 PM

I know that the Comissioner is strictly a highway person; and she did a gawdawful job as Turnpike Comissioner under Corzine.

To be honest NJTs upper management needs to be generally ashcanned. Especially the people in charge of bus procurement.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#3 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,528 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

Chris Christie needs a job, and he has expierence with bridges and traffic between Jersey and New York!🤔😄
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#4 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Aaagghh! Don't give him any ideas! :P

#5 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

New Jersey needs Chris Christie to have a job like we need a hole in the head. A cement overcoat would be more fitting. Or fitted.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Posted Image

#6 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,506 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Wasn’t Christie taking the job of Trump’s Burger Delivery Boy at one time?

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

#7 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

I know that the Comissioner is strictly a highway person; and she did a gawdawful job as Turnpike Comissioner under Corzine.

That doesn't sound good.

Chris Christie needs a job, and he has expierence with bridges and traffic between Jersey and New York!

Wasn’t Christie taking the job of Trump’s Burger Delivery Boy at one time?

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Perhaps he'll take a job as a beach tag checker down the Shore for the summer (and he might get to sit in a beach chair while checking badges). :giggle:

#8 Mystic River Dragon

Mystic River Dragon

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

No names (officially) released yet except for Santoro, but local news says about 20 high-level NJT employees have been asked to resign, especially people Christie had given those jobs to--no surprise there. What happens if the new gov. cleans house and doesn't immediately replace anyone? (NJT might run better? :P)

#9 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

That might be true.
Posted Image

#10 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:59 AM

But it isnt. Most of the people are not political hacks. I know a bunch of them personally and they are, with one exception, among the better people there. This is something of a puzzlement and also a disaster.
Posted Image

#11 WoodyinNYC

WoodyinNYC

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Chris Christie needs a job, and he has experience with bridges and traffic between Jersey and New York!

I didn't keep track of what happened to whom after Superstorm Sandy. After they looked at the flood maps and said, "Lots of space down here to park the trains," I'd have sacked them all, from Christie right down thru the management ranks at Jersey Transit. They made NY look good.

For day in, day out, I'll give the MTA a solid B. I mean, terrible in a thousand ways, but it runs 24/365 and carries millions and millions. For Superstorm Sandy, I'd grade the MTA with an A-. They could have done better, sure, but they deserve a better grade for performance in the crisis. No NY trains drowned.

I don't know Jersey Transit well enuff to give a regular day in, day out grade. But in the crisis they earned a solid F. Take it back, no human fatalities. So for its Superstorm Sandy crisis performance, NJT earned a D-.

Edited by WoodyinNYC, Yesterday, 10:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users