Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

MARC Charger Testing: Week of 15 Jan

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,174 posts
  • Interests:a fact checker combined with a ferret

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:52 PM

From the Facebooks:

15 Jan, all of CSX-MARC (Camden/Brunswick)
16 Jan, Brunswick Line again
17 Jan, pair of round trips WAS-PHL

Consist will be both Chargers, pulling 3 K-cars.

READY THE CAMERAS!
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#2 daybeers

daybeers

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Music, Singing, Computers, Stained Glass, Photography, Traveling, Running, Wikipedia

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:07 AM

Yay!

Amtrak travel so far: only 10,881 miles: Springfield Shuttle (12), Northeast Regional (27), Acela (1), Lake Shore Limited (2), Pennsylvanian (2), Capitol Limited (1)

Ambus mileage (3 trips): 108

Other rail transit: WMATA (~870 miles), Metro-North, MTA, MBTA, Metra, CTA, RTA

#3 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,174 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

Charger%20Testing-2-M.jpg

Old meeting new...

Charger%20Testing-4-M.jpg

And then the Cardinal showed up for the party...
Charger%20Testing-9-M.jpg

Charger%20Testing-11-M.jpg
Posted Image

Disclaimer: Any images or links you see in my post may in fact be invasive advertising or even fraudulent phishing attacks silently injected into my post by our spam based hosting service. If anything looks suspicious or inappropriate or you have any doubt whatsoever then do not click any links (particularly those appearing in green and/or with a double underline) or interact with the spam in any way. You may also want to consider using ad-blocking plugins such as Adblock Plus and/or Ghostery)to help reduce the number and severity of advertising scams directed at you.

#4 CraigDK

CraigDK

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

Nice photos!

#5 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,174 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

Thanks!

Round two from the return trip south:

Charger%20Testing-9-2-L.jpg

DO NOT OPEN:
Charger%20Testing-15-L.jpg

Charger%20Testing-13-L.jpg
Posted Image

#6 Trogdor

Trogdor

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:47 PM

I know it's testing and all, but what's the point of boarding up the door and having a ton of wires duct taped to the outside of the locomotive?

Posted Image

#7 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,174 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

Supposedly it's for all the test sensors and junk.

Another run WAS-PHL tomorrow, supposedly roughly the same 0900-0930 start time.
Posted Image

#8 brianpmcdonnell17

brianpmcdonnell17

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:15 PM

Why are they being run all the way to PHL and back?
<p>Routes Travelled: CL WAS-CHI, Card. CHI-WAS, Caro. CLT-RGH, CS SEA-LAX, CZ CHI-RIC, Cre. BAL-ATL, EB SEA-CHI, ES NYG/NYP-NFL, LSL BOS/NYP-CHI, ML ALB-NYP, NER FBG-RVR+WAS-BOS, PS LAX-ANA, Pen. NYP-PGH, Pie. RGH-CLT, SM ORL-NYP, SS FTL-NYP

#9 brianpmcdonnell17

brianpmcdonnell17

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:37 PM

Duplicate post; please delete.

Edited by brianpmcdonnell17, 17 January 2018 - 11:37 PM.

<p>Routes Travelled: CL WAS-CHI, Card. CHI-WAS, Caro. CLT-RGH, CS SEA-LAX, CZ CHI-RIC, Cre. BAL-ATL, EB SEA-CHI, ES NYG/NYP-NFL, LSL BOS/NYP-CHI, ML ALB-NYP, NER FBG-RVR+WAS-BOS, PS LAX-ANA, Pen. NYP-PGH, Pie. RGH-CLT, SM ORL-NYP, SS FTL-NYP

#10 Ryan

Ryan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,174 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:36 AM

Easy way to pile some miles on the engines, plus MARC is going to get part of the way there some day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users