Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Bug in the Amtrak App?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 greatcats

greatcats

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

Yesterday, using the phone app, I tried to book a sleeper Flagstaff-Los Angeles for 2 seniors. I clicked where it said 1 adult and it took me to the next page with a + sign and adult/senior or child. Nothing happened when I clicked on those. I wrote Amtrak today but have not received a reply. The reservation for two was completed using my desktop IMac. I like using the app, but it would not let me book for two. Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
I was a commuter railroad employee in NJ for many years until 2002, and have since been a tour guide at Grand Canyon National Park and Ketchikan, Alaska. Also, have been a National Park Volunteer at Hawaii Volcanoes and now Sunset Crater Volcano near my home. If not on Amtrak, also like long road trips, camping some of the time.

#2 greatcats

greatcats

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

Make that BUG. In the app.

I was a commuter railroad employee in NJ for many years until 2002, and have since been a tour guide at Grand Canyon National Park and Ketchikan, Alaska. Also, have been a National Park Volunteer at Hawaii Volcanoes and now Sunset Crater Volcano near my home. If not on Amtrak, also like long road trips, camping some of the time.

#3 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:49 PM

The App just sent an update to my phone tonight. See if yours updates, and if it makes a difference, Curious if they fixed it....

#4 greatcats

greatcats

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

No, mine not letting me add a person. No update shown.

#5 PVD

PVD

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

Mine's android, maybe they'll do ios next, but I sure wouldn't bet the ranch on anything they do...

#6 JRR

JRR

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

I have found the same thing. The app will not accept adding a passenger. No update showing.

#7 Rover

Rover

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

I use the Amtrak app to access Track-A-Train. When I tried to access Track-A-Train through the Amtrak app today, the screen did not give me the option to continue without logging in. I have never set up an Amtrak account online. I look at the train arrivals and departures as a hobby. I do not have the freedom to travel on Amtrak at this time, and so do not an account.

I'll wait and see if it clears up in a day or so, to see if I can access the Track-A-Train through the app. Until then, I will use plan B, which is to access Track-A-Train through the Amtrak web page...

I've ridden: ~ The Empire Builder 1981 ~ The Coast Starlight 1981 ~ The Texas Eagle ~ The Sunset Limited ~
Books: ~ Time-Life - The Old West ~ The Railroaders * Rail Ventures - 4th Edition

I think it is absolute mythology that there's any national system that is profitable. And I think the naysayers just have to get over it. ~ Amtrak President Alex Kummant ~ June 2008

#8 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:28 PM

I use the Amtrak app to access Track-A-Train. When I tried to access Track-A-Train through the Amtrak app today, the screen did not give me the option to continue without logging in. I have never set up an Amtrak account online. I look at the train arrivals and departures as a hobby. I do not have the freedom to travel on Amtrak at this time, and so do not an account.

I'll wait and see if it clears up in a day or so, to see if I can access the Track-A-Train through the app. Until then, I will use plan B, which is to access Track-A-Train through the Amtrak web page...

Or this...

https://asm.transitdocs.com/

Or this...

http://dixielandsoft...tus/StatusMaps/

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

5540 miles booked for this fall on the Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, Illini/Saluki, Southwest Chief.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users