Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Hilton removing "Points + Miles" option (including AGR points)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jebr

• Forum Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

View From The Wing reports Hilton is removing the "Points + Miles" option which I, and I'm sure plenty of other AU members, have used to earn AGR points while staying at Hilton properties.

A brief quote:

Hilton is eliminating the ‘points and miles’ earning style as well as ‘points and points’ at the beginning of April and will start to award points only (with the potential to transfer points into airline miles still a feature of the program).

Four years ago they eliminated ‘points and fixed miles’ leaving only choices for earning based on hotel spend. Points and fixed miles used to be lucrative on short stays.

So while it sounds like you can transfer miles to/from Hilton Honors, you'll no longer automatically earn AGR points on Hilton stays by choosing the "Points + Miles" option.

A bit disappointing, though I've been moving more to budget brands lately anyways to save money and some of those still offer the opportunity to earn AGR points if I so choose.

#2 FrensicPic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

Dang! I just signed up for that!

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

5540 miles booked for this fall on the Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, Illini/Saluki, Southwest Chief.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users