Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Septa/Amazon HQ2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

In the likely event that Amazon picks Philadelphia to build it's HQ2--along with it's 50,000 jobs--what would this mean for Septa's Capital Plan and the proposed Broad Street Subway Extension? 

#2 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,141 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

Nothing at all. 50k jobs are not actually that big a deal for a large city like Philly.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#3 bretton88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Depending on where they put the HQ, if it's in the old naval yards, Philly has proposed a one stop extension to the south for the Broad Street Line. Otherwise, there will probably be little to no effect.

If I won the lottery, I'd probably build a passenger from nowhere to nowhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users