After looking at the benefits of the BoA AGR World card (TQPs, 3x points for Amtrak travel) vs the $79 annual cost, I decided that, for me, it's not worth it. Most of my travel is done on points (two big trips a year), and therefore the 3X bonus is irrelevant. I'll never have enough TQPs for it to be of any value, even if I get 4000 "free" through the card - I'll never meet the threshold of 5000 TQPs.
So, I applied for and was approved for the BoA no-fee Platinum AGR card - with a credit line that's $4000 higher than I had with the other card!
I'm thinking of cancelling the fee card to save the annual fee. But, I was wondering: should my situation change, to the point where it would be to my advantage to get that card again, would I qualify for the sign-on bonus? Is there an interval I'd have to wait?
After all 20K points is nothing to sneeze at.