Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Greyhound from Seattle to Bangor via Canada

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NativeSon5859

NativeSon5859

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:24 PM

I had a free ticket on Greyhound to use so I'm doing a *long* one way Seattle-Bangor via Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, NYC, and Boston. I've crossed Canada by plane and train...adding bus to the list.

What kind of coaches does Greyhound Canada use? Is the service more or less the same as Greyhound U.S? Do they board by boarding number in Canada or is it first come, first served?

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum
U.S: Acela Express, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, Cascades, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Lake Shore Limited, Northeast Regional, Pacific Surfliner, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Three Rivers, Twilight Shoreliner, Vermonter

Europe: Cisalpino, EuroCity, Eurostar Italia, ICE, TGV, TGV Duplex, Thalys

#2 railiner

railiner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Interests:All public transportation....land, sea, and air

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

Greyhound Canada uses mostly rebuilt MCI 102DL-3's, and some Prevost X-3's   they do have a few "oddball" model's in their fleet, but they are almost gone....

Service is more or less the same...not sure if they board by boarding number or not......

"Have a pleasant trip, and thanks for going Greyhound"! :P

metroblue?

okay on the blue!

#3 NativeSon5859

NativeSon5859

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for the info!

102DL's are my favorite so that's good news. Hope I get a couple of those all the way to Toronto.

U.S: Acela Express, California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, Cascades, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Hiawatha, Lake Shore Limited, Northeast Regional, Pacific Surfliner, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Three Rivers, Twilight Shoreliner, Vermonter

#4 railiner

railiner

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,530 posts
  • Interests:All public transportation....land, sea, and air

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

Yeah...I think it's a pretty good chance that you will, or perhaps a D4505 mixed in...not sure...you may want to inquire here....  https://cptdb.ca/for...and-affiliates/

metroblue?

okay on the blue!

#5 NativeSon5859

NativeSon5859

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the link. Never knew that existed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users