Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

UK: 30 trains CANCELLED due to 'sick' rail staff

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rover

Rover

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:21 AM

Who says Europe has a better train transportation system than the US ??

http://www.dailymail...tmas-chaos.html

Happy Holidays !!

I've ridden: ~ The Empire Builder 1981 ~ The Coast Starlight 1981 ~ The Texas Eagle ~ The Sunset Limited ~
Books: ~ Time-Life - The Old West ~ The Railroaders * Rail Ventures - 4th Edition

I think it is absolute mythology that there's any national system that is profitable. And I think the naysayers just have to get over it. ~ Amtrak President Alex Kummant ~ June 2008

#2 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:31 AM

Jeezzzzz.. When did Septa relocate to Europe? 

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

#3 caravanman

caravanman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Open minded travel, in which the journey is often as interesting as the destination...

Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:04 AM

I would like to point out that the "Daily Mail" is well known for union bashing, supporting the right wing, and basically will put a negative slant on workers rights.

If the story is looked at from another perspective... If the rail companies employed and trained enough staff to cover periods of illness, rather than trimming the staff back to the bare minimum, these issues would not arise. Folk do get ill, it is not a crime to be ill. I don't think anyone would be happy to know their rail staff were operating while ill, rather than being 100% safe and alert...

Back in the pre-privatisation days, extra staff were employed to cover for illness, etc, as required, to provide a public service...

Ed.

#4 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,144 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:48 AM

Actually, thats about the least of that dog Business collectors crimes.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users