Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Subway extension opens in Toronto

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WoodyinNYC

WoodyinNYC

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension
officially opens to public Sunday

Codi Wilson, CP24.com
Published Sunday, December 17, 2017

A new subway that will take commuters from Vaughan to Union Station in an estimated 42 minutes officially opens to the public today ... with six new stops ... TTC CEO Andy Byford [said] ... “This is the culmination of many years of work.”

... cost overruns brought the price from a projected $2.6 billion to $3.2 billion, [not including] ... unpaid claims.

Mayor John Tory ... said, “This city fell decades behind on transit and now we are trying to make up for lost time ... ” The extension is the first new subway to open in Toronto since 2002. ...

Holiday present to riders in the frozen north ;)

Much more good stuff at cp24.com

https://www.cp24.com...unday-1.3725089

#2 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

Decades behind what? TTC is the envy of our continent.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users