Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Hunter Harrison Dead at Age 73

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Carolina Special

Carolina Special

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

Harrison has now died, according to CNBC and WSJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Edited by PRR 60, 16 December 2017 - 04:42 PM.
Split from prior topic

#2 pennyk

pennyk

Engineer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,180 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

https://www.wsj.com/...died-1513453754

Amtrak miles: 230,199; Routes: Silver Meteor, Champion, Silver Star, Auto Train, Capitol Limited, Empire Builder, Lakeshore Limited, Adirondack, Vermonter, Cardinal, California Zephyr, Coast Starlight, Texas Eagle, Missouri River Runner, Acela Express, Southwest Chief, Cascades, Crescent, City of New Orleans, Hiawatha Service, Maple Leaf, Keystone Service, NE Regional, Downeaster, Piedmont, Carolinian, Lincoln Service, Autumn Express 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, Empire Service, Sunset Limited, San Joaquin, Capitol Corridor, Pennsylvanian, Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg, Ethan Allen Express, AEM-7 Excursion, Pacific Surfliner, Palmetto.  VIA miles: 4,584; Routes: The Canadian, Ocean; Alaska RR Denali Star: 356 miles

#3 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

I am so sorry. He was a great friend to himself.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#4 Palmetto

Palmetto

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:57 PM

I am so sorry. He was a great friend to himself.

Compared to comments I've read elsewhere, this one is saintly.

#5 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:06 PM

Ok ok.

Ding dong the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch! Ding dong the wicked witch is dead!

I sang that about a teacher once. I was suspended.
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

#6 Caesar La Rock

Caesar La Rock

Conductor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

I don't agree with how he ran CSX or railroads before CSX. However, it sucks he died at a time family is suppose to be together. I hope his family is doing okay in this tough period of time.

#7 jis

jis

Engineer

• Gathering Team Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,510 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Planes and Travel

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

Ok ok.

Ding dong the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch! Ding dong the wicked witch is dead!

I sang that about a teacher once. I was suspended.

We sang that when Carly Fiorina was booted out of HP. :) But unfortunately what needed to be booted was the entire incompetent Board.

#8 CSXfoamer1997

CSXfoamer1997

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

I'm sorry for any offense, but all I can say is, I'm sorry for his family, but not for Harrison himself. I just don't understand how, up till the end of his life, he could treat his own employees like robots. The train crews can't take naps thanks to him, conductors can't use handbrake poles and have to climb onto the cars to apply handbrakes thanks to him, and even worse, if not worst of all, he transferred all the dispatchers from their homes and families all the way to Jax, and then, they ended up living in their cars! And not only that, he treated the customers like scum, too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users