Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Deutsche Bahn has to apply for a gambling license for winter timetable

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

Court ruling: Deutsche Bahn has to apply for a gambling license for winter timetable

"Due to constant delays and cancellations, the Federal Court of Justice has now classified the winter timetable as a game of chance - which is why the group now has to apply for licenses under the lottery state treaty in all federal states. Until then, the train may no longer publicize schedules."

Google Chrome will translate the article for you...

http://www.der-posti...uecksspiel.html

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#2 caravanman

caravanman

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts
  • Interests:Open minded travel, in which the journey is often as interesting as the destination...

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

That is funny, if rather surprising. I always found their train service to be very reliable...  Goodness knows what they would make of Amtrak delays!  :D

Ed.

#3 Hotblack Desiato

Hotblack Desiato

Lead Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:11 PM

Just in case there is any confusion, this is a satire site (similar to The Onion).

Other articles on the site:

"Prime Housing": New Amazon service reduces delivery time to zero by allowing customers to live directly in the warehouse

Three wrong PIN entered: ECB chief Draghi accidentally paralyzes all European banks

Edited by Hotblack Desiato, 15 December 2017 - 05:12 PM.

#4 FrensicPic

FrensicPic

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • Interests:Trains, photography and radio communications...not necessarily in that order.

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:18 PM

Just in case there is any confusion, this is a satire site (similar to The Onion).

Other articles on the site:

"Prime Housing": New Amazon service reduces delivery time to zero by allowing customers to live directly in the warehouse

Three wrong PIN entered: ECB chief Draghi accidentally paralyzes all European banks

Thanks...I suspected that upon reading the article.

John...

29,076 miles on the Coast Starlight, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, Empire Builder, California Zephyr and Capitol Limited.

More miles on the Pacific Surfliner, Metrolink, White Pass and Yukon Route, Grand Canyon Railway, Napa Valley Wine Train, Fillmore and Western and private railcars with LARail.com

Photos: http://www.flickr.co...rensicpic/sets/<p> 

#5 Green Maned Lion

Green Maned Lion

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:57 AM

Now really, the trains have lost all time keeping. They can be as much as 15 seconds late!
Travelled: Broadway Limited (1), Lake Shore Limited (6), Capitol Limited (7), Empire Builder (1), Southwest Chief (2), Sunset Limited (1), California Zephyr (3), Coast Starlight (2), Silver Meteor (5), Silver Star (5), Silver Palm (2), Crescent (1), Cardinal (4), Auto Train (4), Pennsylvanian (2), Palmetto (1), Acela Express (1), Empire Service (1), Northeast Regional (11), Keystone Service (1) --- Total Miles: 50,144 --- Total Trains: 61
Most important: Keep it Simple, Stupid!
Posted Image
Dream of love, dream of me, for you are my love. I love you.
Avatar and sig were done by my fiance, Corvidophile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users