Crescent cancellations NOL-ATL early next year?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricia

Conductor
Looking into a trip in January or February, amtrak.com tells me the northbound Crescent is cancelled from NOL to ATL for several dates I've entered.

Anyone know the exact range of dates for this? Every day of the week? And why it's happening?

Looking into a trip in January or February, amtrak.com tells me the northbound Crescent is cancelled from NOL to ATL for several dates I've entered.

Anyone know the exact range of dates for this? Every day of the week? And why it's happening?
There is usual during the annual trackwork performed on this route between ATL and NOL by NS each Winter in Jan. and Feb. before Mardi Gras.
I suggest you call Amtrak and get the official word on this matter including dates, any alternate transportation etc.

Usually no train south of ATL Mon thru Thurs with corresponding northbound suspensions. Alternate transportation usually not provided, although last year they did try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar to last year.
And the year before, and the year before, and the year before...
default_wink.png

Back