Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Photos along the Southwest Chief route

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chas

Chas

Service Attendant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

A photographic portfolio: American Splendor Aboard the Southwest Chief.

Not all of these are things that you would see from the train, but they are near its route, such as Canyon de Chelly. Some are true train pix.

#2 greatcats

greatcats

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:42 AM

Greetings from Flagstaff.    Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.    Love those Ponderosa Pines - one of the reasons I have chosen to make my home here!

I was a commuter railroad employee in NJ for many years until 2002, and have since been a tour guide at Grand Canyon National Park and Ketchikan, Alaska. Also, have been a National Park Volunteer at Hawaii Volcanoes and now Sunset Crater Volcano near my home. If not on Amtrak, also like long road trips, camping some of the time.

#3 Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,041 posts
  • Interests:Passenger Trains/Travel/Sports/Gov't/ Politics/History/Reading/
    Movies/Music/Space-Ancient Aliens

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:45 AM

Good stuff,thanks for sharing!😎
"There's Something About a Train! It's Magic!"-- 1970s Amtrak Ad
 "..My heart is warm with the friends I make,and better friends I'll not be knowing,
Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,No matter where its going!.." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

#4 oregon pioneer

oregon pioneer

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts
  • Interests:Cross-country skiing, forestry, botany, solar power, gardening and food!

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

Gorgeous photos, thank you!

Jennifer

I'm a "little Old Lady in Tennis Shoes" (LOLITS) from Eastern Oregon. I love to travel by train, though I live way out in the toolies, far from the nearest Amtrak station (Chemult). My station would have been Baker City, but they cancelled the Oregon Pioneer just before I took my first long-distance train trip as an adult. I've taken most trains in the West, but I'm still exploring new routes in the east.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users