Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Amtrak consist that incorporates multiple routes?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LookingGlassTie

LookingGlassTie

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

Has any of you built an Amtrak consist that includes elements from multiple routes?   For instance, including Amfleet coaches with Superliner coaches (think Capitol Limited, Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief or California Zephyr) or perhaps adding Amfleet coaches to the Auto Train?

How did it work out for you?

"And you know that notion just crossed my mind............"

#2 cirdan

cirdan

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:41 AM

I am generally of the opinion that its my model railroad and that I can run it as I like. 

Anyway, not all types of equipment are available as models, so unless you have the time and skills to scratchbuild or modify your own, you sometimes have to accept compromises.

To me, if it looks vaguely credible, then it works.

Of course you can always invent a story to it. This car is being deadheaded, and that one is included because the regular one wasn't available today.

I sometimes run a train of phase V superliners (which I claim is the Southwest Chief) and have it pulled by Santa Fe warbonnet F-units. I like the aesthetics, but of course it's complete nosense. But them it's my railroad so I will do as I like.

#3 LookingGlassTie

LookingGlassTie

OBS Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

I am generally of the opinion that its my model railroad and that I can run it as I like. 

Anyway, not all types of equipment are available as models, so unless you have the time and skills to scratchbuild or modify your own, you sometimes have to accept compromises.

To me, if it looks vaguely credible, then it works.

Of course you can always invent a story to it. This car is being deadheaded, and that one is included because the regular one wasn't available today.

I sometimes run a train of phase V superliners (which I claim is the Southwest Chief) and have it pulled by Santa Fe warbonnet F-units. I like the aesthetics, but of course it's complete nosense. But them it's my railroad so I will do as I like.

Sounds good to me!

"And you know that notion just crossed my mind............"

#4 Acela150

Acela150

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,141 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

When I was a kid I had some seriously crazy Model Train Consists. Do what you want. 

These posts are my views and opinions.

Donate your spare time! Be a Volunteer Firefighter!

"Mainline 66W Recrew On Board at Abrams ready to head east when you can handle us, Ok 66W, ok on signal indication at Norris, take it to the Falls to wait for the window"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users