Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

Upgrade to bedroom on TE #422

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 the_traveler

the_traveler

Engineer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,343 posts
  • Interests:Looking at GPS to find out where I am at!

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

If you go thru NOL, you also have to factor in the overnight cost for the hotel. (Amtrak will not pay for it, and it is not included in the fare.)
Take it easy .......

Take the train instead and enjoy the ride!

The view is much better at 3 feet than it is at 30,000 feet!

#22 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:32 AM

I don't see why you'd pay extra to ride the Chief in a Roomette, unless you've never been on that Route,considering that the Equipment on both are Superliners. ( the CCC on the Eagle serves the same National LD Menu).
The Sunset to NOL,then the Crescent North after a layover, sounds like a lot better idea than the LSL.( keep in mind the Crescent won't be running between NOL and ATL most Week days in Jan and Feb due to trackwork)
MODIFY your,Reseevation, don't CANCEL it!

I was interested in the Chief for the improved ambience of the full diner (namely tablecloths) and the scenery. I was just clarifying that the $94 merely switches me to the Chief, as opposed to it switching me to a bedroom on the Chief.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service, Downeaster w/ Great Dome

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome

#23 cpotisch

cpotisch

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trains, Cooking, Politics

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:43 AM

If you go thru NOL, you also have to factor in the overnight cost for the hotel. (Amtrak will not pay for it, and it is not included in the fare.)

I figured that Amtrak wouldn’t comp the hotel, but I would think that that would be a relatively negligible cost in the grand scheme of things, maybe $80 or $90? Additionally. I could get a bite in NOL the night I get in on #2, which would be nice.

Routes Traveled: Silver Meteor, Silver Star, CrescentLake Shore LimitedCalifornia Zephyr, Sunset Limited, Texas EagleEthan Allen Express, Empire Service, Maple Leaf, AdirondackAcela Express, Northeast RegionalKeystone Service, Downeaster w/ Great Dome

Wish List: Auto Train, Cardinal, CONO, Empire Builder, Southwest Chief, Crescent (overnight), Adirondack w/ Great Dome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users