Help Support AmtrakTrains.com by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Photo

National Railroad Hall of Fame

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Everydaymatters

Everydaymatters

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts
  • Interests:Travel, antiques, reading, pinochle, grandkids

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:26 AM

In the Northwest Herald in Crystal Lake, IL, it states that Galesburg was designated by Federal Officials in 2003.  They're still raising funds and construction won't start until 2019.  The Galesburg Register Mail states that they will launch a website in the first half of 2018.  Also, there is a photo contest which ends March 31, 2018.  

There is a lot of info about the Museum in these newspapers and like so many others, I don't know how to link to AU.  It sounds very interesting and Galesburg is only an hour from where I live!

Edited by Everydaymatters, 04 December 2017 - 07:31 AM.

Routes Traveled: Desert Wind, Southwest Chief, Missouri Mule, Empire Builder, Capitol Ltd., Lincoln Service, Lake Shore Ltd., Missouri River Runner, City of New Orleans, Cardinal, Silver Meteor, Texas Eagle, Cascades, Broadway Ltd., Acela, Downeaster, Sunset Ltd., Coast Starlight, California Zephyr, Hiawatha, Capitol Corridor, Maple Leaf, Ethan Allen Express 76,745 Amtrak miles.    Via Rail Vancouver to Toronto 2775 Miles.

#2 trainman74

trainman74

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

There doesn't seem to be a search function on the Northwest Herald site (so I couldn't find anything), but here are links to two articles from the Register Mail:

NRRHOF Expects to Break Ground in 2019

National Railroad Hall of Fame to Launch New Website

Edited by trainman74, 05 December 2017 - 05:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users